Munis End Session Little Changed; Mass., San Diego School GOs Issued
- Munis End Slightly Up as Spreads On Hurricane Zone Paper Widen. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;9/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32215, p2
Reports developments related to the municipal bond market in the U.S. Detection of the slow trading of municipal bonds; Contribution of an increase in oil prices on the trading; Anticipation for rising credit risks in the Gulf Coast states.
- Oil devaluation will drain Texas schools' income, comptroller says. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;02/10/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30576, p6
Reports on the projected financial losses for Texas school districts caused by decrease in prices of oil products. Comments by Texas Comptroller Carole Keeton Rylander; Revenue losses' impact on school districts' ability to set up bond programs.
- MENA Stocks: Reiterating Our Preferences. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/1/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 41, p17
The article presents an outlook for the performance of Middle East and North Africa (MENA) stock markets. The Gulf markets are expected to be affected by a severe downturn in the oil price, but a short-term improvement is possible. The Dubai Financial Market General Index could retest the low of...
- Import prices up again in April. // Compensation & Working Conditions;May2002, pN.PAG
Reports on the increase of the U.S. Import Price Index in April 2002. Factor to which the increase is attributed; Decline in petroleum prices.
- Hi, Tech. Reed, Bill; Else, Charles // Texas Monthly;Sep99 Supplement Biz, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p5
Reports that the business index of Texas decreased to an 11% return from its 12.4% return from January to June of 1999. Basis of the decrease of its index return; Significance of the market sectors to its energy and oil prices; Status of the market capitalization of its energy companies.
- Texas School District Prepares $137M Construction Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31278, p6
Reports on the plans of Irving Independent School District in Irving, Texas to offer $137 million of bond deal to finance a construction program and refund $6 million of outstanding maintenance debt. Underwriters for the deal; Rate of property tax charged by the school district; Number of...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;12/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31033, p29
Reports developments related to the bond market in the United States as of December 2000. Upgrade of the general obligation debt pledge rating of Alaska Housing Finance Corp.; Details on the bond measure of the Los Angeles Community College District for the April 10 ballot; Decision of Judge...
- Vermont, New Hampshire towns join in school district. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;06/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30661, p5
Reports on the establishment of Rivendell Interstate School District by residents in four towns along the New Hampshire and Vermont border. Results of a referendum for the school district; Characteristics of the Vermont bond market.
- Toledo District Races to Market With $72.5 Million GO Sale. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/29/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31624, p32
The Toledo City School District plans to enter the bond market with 72.5 million dollar of general obligation bonds in an attempt to beat Ohio's other large urban school districts striving for funds as part of a 5.7 billion dollar 10-year state school facilities program. NatCity Investments Inc....