Follow the Leader
- Thoughts on how business practices help fire departments. Seal, Ulie; Bronk, Tony // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p14
The article discusses corporate business success and examines how business concepts apply to fire departments in the areas of organizational development in the U.S. It notes that organizational development covers recruitment, training, performance appraisals and measuring success and that good...
- Career Road Map. Culp, Hadden // Fire Chief;Mar2008, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p40
The article focuses on the importance of succession planning in the personnel management of fire and rescue organizations. The success planning ensures continued growth in the organizational momentum and supports the coordinated improvement of the employees. The scheme will also prepare the...
- THE CAREER DEVELOPMENT STUDY AS AN OD INTERVENTION. Leach, John // Training & Development Journal;Jun78, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p40
Describes the career development study as an intervention to organizational development. Intervention to assist results-oriented managers to learn process; Resistance to process training; Phases involved in the typical Career Management System study.
- Job in danger? // Supervisory Management;Jul95, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p3
Suggests taking on new responsibilities when an organization shifts strategies and one's operation is no longer critical to the organization's future. Keeping up with technological breakthroughs; Creating a new job for oneself.
- Hey Buddy...Can You Spare Some Change? Koering, Steve // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p17
Discusses the paradigms which existed within the fire department of Eden Prairie, Minnesota which contributed to the attainment of productive change in the department. Background of the Eden Prairie Volunteer Fire Department; Challenges posed by the increase in the demand on the personnel and...
- Master Plan. DeChant, Chris // Fire Chief;Aug2007, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p66
The article focuses on the change in organizational application of strategy used by the Glendale, Arizona Fire Department. The department was obliged to address operational response and service delivery changes due to the increased workload and responsibility surrounding the construction of...
- WHAT'S THE BIG IDEA? SUCCESSION PLANNING. Nicholson, Nigel // Management Today;Jan2012, p16
The article focuses on the succession planning which should be based on the career journeys of the people to avoid short-term hope and long-term delusion.
- Too Little. Too Late. Hopen, Deborah // Journal for Quality & Participation;Fall2005, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p3
Introduces a series of articles on succession planning and career development.
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR. // Effective Succession Planning;2005, p399
The article offers information on William J. Rothwell, author of the book "Effective Succession Planning" and Professor-in-Charge of Workforce Education and Development in the Department of Learning and Performance Systems in the College of Education on the University Park campus of The...