Just Like a Business
- MARY KRAMER: DEC No. 6 in 'valued podiums' survey. Kramer, Mary // Crain's Detroit Business;5/26/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p9
The article reports on the Detroit Economic Club's (DEC) ranking 6th at the Top 10 "Most Valued Podiums" for Chief Executive Officers and C-suite executives survey. The 2007 survey is asked from 100 key corporate communications executives to favored place for CEO to speak and why, done by...
- Research performance and evaluation–Empirical results from collaborative research centers and clusters of excellence in Germany. Schröder, Stefan; Welter, Florian; Leisten, Ingo; Richert, Anja; Jeschke, Sabina // Research Evaluation;Jul2014, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p221
Collaborative research centers (CRC) and clusters of excellence (CoE) constitute public-funded programs aspiring to advance research in interdisciplinary forms of collaboration throughout Germany. Because of emerging funding volumes and increasing expectations in results, concepts for...
- THE HEAD OF PUBLIC RELATIONS. Roach, Thomas J. // Rock Products;Dec2009, Vol. 112 Issue 12, p6
The author emphasizes that the chief executive officer (CEO) is in charge of public relations for an organization and that it is his primary responsibility. He says a business system survives when it balances the needs of shareholders, customers, employees and the community in which it...
- OPEN, CONNECTED CEOs ARE WINNERS. // New Zealand Management;Jul2012, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p6
The article examines a study of chief executives officers (CEO) conducted by high technology industries firm International Business Machines (IBM) finding that more CEOs were stressing the importance of openness and communication within their companies.
- The Path to Reporting Economic Reality - Why all CEOs Should Have Accounting Degrees. Nan Hu; Ling Liu; Miller, William F. // Journal of Management Policy & Practice;2013, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p11
This study was to determine whether there is a connection between the accounting educational background of a CEO and the firms' tendency toward aggressive accounting/earnings management. This study represents one of the first attempts to test such a connection. We hypothesized that firms with...
- Tea for 12. Chao, Fifi // Orange County Business Journal;11/7/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p58
The article reports on the fund raiser in which one of Orange County's great hoteliers and culinarians was also honored in California. The proceeds from the fund raising campaign would benefit the Irvine Adult Day Health Services. Henry Schielein, Balboa Bay Club's president and chief operating...
- What keeps your chief executive awake at night? Gutch, Richard // Third Sector;11/20/2008, p14
The article lists the 10 important challenges and opportunities facing voluntary organisations identified by third sector chief executives which include great policy, poor delivery, responding to the recession, and fundraising strategies.
- West Virginia May Replace Director. Rasmussen, Eric // Investment Management Weekly;06/07/99, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p6
Reports that the West Virginia Investment Management Board launched a search for a chief executive officer to possibly replace chief executive officer Craig Slaughter. Duties of Slaughter in the fund; Extension of the contract of Slaughter; Reason for the search for a chief executive.
- Minneapolis Urban League down but not out. Evans-Nash, Vickie // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;9/8/2011, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p1
The article focuses on the efforts of Scott Gray, new chief executive officer (CEO) of Minneapolis Urban League (MUL), to address the League's funding challenges in Minnesota.