- A 10-CENT, UNBREAKABLE FOAM NOZZLE FOR A BACKPACK PUMP. French, Tom // Fire Management Notes;1996, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p15
Describes the nozzle developed by Payette National Forest personnel for fire suppression with backpack pumps. Illustration on how to make the foam nozzle; Attachment of the nozzle to a trombone pump; Use of a water bag; Instructions on using the nozzle.
- How pumper/engines have evolved. Faulkner, Jimmy // Fire Chief Expert Blog;3/18/2013, p6
The article discusses the transformation that fire engines or pumpers have undergone. In the beginning, pumps basically were steam engines with piston-like delivery systems that used the steam to move the gears and make the water available at fires. It was noted that the advent of motorized...
- Suffolk paint warehouse's close brush with fire. // Fire Safety Engineering;May2006, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p42
The article presents information on an Early Suppression, Fast Response (ESFR) system, which has helped to extinguish a fire at a paint storage facility in Suffolk, England. 12 sprinkler heads operating at 2.8 bar were contained in it. It was installed at the roof level with an in-rack sprinkler...
- Pumping systems for Novec 1230. // International Fire & Security Product News;Oct2004, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p21
Presents information on the Clean Agent Pumping Systems technology introduced by CAPS Fire Inc. which delivers 3M Novec 1230 Fire Protection Fluid. Functions of the pumping system; Advantages of the system; Description and uses of the 3M Novec 1230.
- Product Showcase. // Fire Engineering;Jul2004, Vol. 157 Issue 7, p114
Features several products related to fire prevention. Smoke exhaust removal system; Rechargeable handlights; Protective clothing; Technical rescue garments; Portable air bottle truck; Stainless maximum rear mount pump; Radio mixer.
- PRODUCT SHOWCASE. // Fire Engineering;Jul2005, Vol. 158 Issue 7, p119
Introduces various products for fire prevention in the U.S. Features of the No Smoke Exhaust Removal System manufactured by Ward Diesel Filter Systems; Capacity of Automatic pump manufactured by Kussmaul Electronic Co. Inc.; Contact information of Performance Advantage Co., the manufacturer of...
- DARLEY INTRODUCES NEW BREAKTHROUGHS FOR 2012 SEE THEM AT THE FDIC. // Fire Engineering;Mar2012, Vol. 165 Issue 3, p3
The article offers brief information on several firefighting equipment from Darley including the ZS 3000 pump, the PuriFire Versa Pak water treatment solutions, and the PSP 1250 turnkey package.
- NFPA working on updating two standards. Van Meter, Jeff // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p29
The article reports that National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), which develops, publishes and distributes consensus codes and standards aimed at minimizing the potential and the effects of fire and other risks, is updating two standards. Included standards are NFPA 1901: Standard for...
- Risk Management Feature - Protect the heart of your facility from an attack : Push for the pump. // Asia Insurance Review;Jan2011, p29
The article discusses the importance of keeping a well-maintained fire pump to prevent and mitigate property damage. Without a sufficient water supply from the pump, a fire-protection system may not be able to deliver the necessary water flow and pressure to control a fire. Factors such as...