- 148th fire department receives new P-30 rescue fire truck. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p31
This article announces that the 148th Fire Department in Duluth, Minnesota received a new P-30 Fire Rescue vehicle.
- Illinois bill offers truck loans. // Fire Chief;Jul2003, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the approval of a bill that creates interest-free loan program to help fire departments purchase vehicles in Illinois. Provision of the bill; Terms of the program.
- Fresno Apparatus get Police Escort. Cleaveland, Carrie // Fire Chief;Aug2008, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p18
The article reports on the move of fire and police departments to increase enforcement of the law requiring motorist to pull to the right for emergency vehicles in Fresno, California. It states that there has been an increase in the number of drivers who fail to do so. It adds that to combat the...
- SMART SPECS. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Dec2005, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p70
The article describes the compact pumpers acquired by the West Point Volunteer Fire Department in Ohio, by the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection and by Orange County, California. Orange County purchased eight compact KME pumpers that can handle structure fires, motor vehicle...
- Capital Improvement. Brandes, Tom // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;6/ 1/2011, p9
The article reports on the first-ever mobile command vehicle of Trenton Fire and Emergency Services in New Jersey. It states that the vehicle will be critical to the day-to-day operations of the department for long-duration and large fires and extended operations such as water rescues and hazmat...
- SHOP NEWS. // Fire Chief;Feb2003, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p54
Reports on developments about emergency vehicles in the U.S. as of February 2003. National Emergency Vehicle Technician Certification Commission test date; Illinois Fire Apparatus Mechanics Association seminar/workshop; Annual emergency vehicle training symposium of the Florida Association of...
- SMART SPECS. // Fire Chief;Dec2004, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p70
Presents examples of hazardous materials response vehicles designed to meet specific needs. Freightliner FL112 tractor used by the Riverside County Fire Department in Southern California; Command and support units used by fire departments of Fremont, California and Dallas, Texas.
- SMART SPECS. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Jun2007, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p80
The article presents several ambulances with additional functions and improved safety features specified by many fire departments in the U.S. The dual-function American LaFrance rescue ambulance has served for 13 years in the fire department of Texas City, Texas. Medtec ambulance also worked...
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Dec2007, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p90
The article offers news briefs related to fire departments in the U.S. The Edmon Fire and Rescue in Oklahoma took delivery of a 75-foot heavy-duty Pierce Velocity ladder. The Sable Altura Fire Department in Colorado has taken delivery of a 20-foot custom heavy rescue from SVI Trucks Inc. The...