- Customer Service is Everyone's Duty. Evans, Bruce // Fire Chief;Aug2005, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p34
The article emphasizes on the importance of customer service for the success of fire departments. It has been viewed that many fire and EMS programs preach customer service. Alan Brunacini's "Essentials of Fire Department Customer Service" has been considered as a mandatory reading for...
- The Future of Fire-Based EMS: Paramedic Programs and Internships. O'Brien, Robert J. // Fire Engineering;Nov/Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 156, p36
The article focuses on the issues surrounding the paramedic internship programs of the fie-based emergency medical services in the U.S. Fire chiefs are hiring more paramedics and train them to become firefighters. The training program consists of comprehensive education, skills evaluation,...
- Added Value. BRUNACINI, ALAN // Fire Engineering;Sep2013, Vol. 166 Issue 9, p40
The author offers opinions on management of fire departments and emergency medical services. A need is said to exist for fire departments to evaluate their quality of service in terms of customer services in business, with a focus on what added value a fire department gives to those persons...
- First response to medical events. Haase, Richard R. // Fire Engineering;Mar1996, Vol. 149 Issue 3, p72
Discusses fire department operations' role of giving primary response to emergency medical care requests. Benefits of such services; Safety of the rescuers; Primary access and protection from exposure; Examination and evaluation of patient; Controlling life-threatening injuries; Treating...
- North Las Vegas FD Reinstates Emergency Transports. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;10/20/2011, p2
The article reports that the city council in North Las Vegas has reinstated the use of emergency medical service (EMS) transports by the Fire Department in Las Vegas, Nevada one month after it was removed in October 201.
- SAFER Application Period Now Open. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;7/16/2012, p2
The article announces that fire departments can apply for the Fiscal Year 2012 Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response grants, where the application period closes on August 10, 2012.
- CFAI accredits 13 agencies. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;3/7/2013, p3
The article reports that the Commission on Fire Service Accreditation International has provided accredited agency status to various fire service agencies including NSA Souda Bay Fire & Emergency Services, Ramstein AB Fire & Emergency Services, and MCAS Yuma Fire Department.
- ST. Louis (Mo.) initiates 9-1-1 Plus medical response referral system. // Fire Engineering;May98, Vol. 151 Issue 5, p38
Reports that emergency medical calls to the Saint Louis, Missouri Fire Department are now processed through the 9-1-1 Plus emergency medical response referral system. Functionality and utility of the system; Advantages and benefits of using the system.
- Emergency medical services. // Fire Engineering;Mar2000, Vol. 153 Issue 3, p22
Presents responses of fire departments in the United States on whether they charge special fee for emergency medical services. Includes response of Phoenix, Arizona Fire Department; Seattle, Washington Fire Department.