TICKET TO RIDE
- BOMBS AND BUILDINGS. Stone, Hollice F. // Fire Engineering;Mar2004, Vol. 157 Issue 3, p160
Discusses the relationship of bombs and buildings to terrorism and its impact on the fire/emergency service sector of the U.S. Relevance of preparing for explosive attacks; Fundamentals of explosion effects; Recommendations for firefighters responding to bomb threats and explosive attacks.
- Carrollton (TX) Fire Department ambulance service accredited. // Fire Engineering;Apr96, Vol. 149 Issue 4, p34
Reports that the City of Carrollton Fire Department of Texas has been awarded accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Ambulance Services. Statement from Carrollton Fire Department Chief Bruce Varner.
- Correction. // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);10/7/2010, Vol. 103 Issue 40, p2A
Corrections to the article "Rocky's Hosts Benefit Dinner," which was published in the September 23, 2010 issue, is presented.
- Whose city is it, anyway? Verburg, Peter // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/21/94, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p12
Examines the tug of war between Calgary's city board of commissioners and Calgary aldermen over a possible merger of Calgary's fire and ambulance services. Charge by aldermen that the commissioners had side-stepped proper procedure; Merger issue sensitive because of bad blood between fire and...
- In the Blink of the Eye. West, Bruce // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p35
Provides information on the experience of the Elk River Fire Department while responding to an all terrain vehicle accident in Minnesota on August 21, 2005. Administration of care to the patient by the Advanced Life Support ambulance of the fire department; Decision of a personally owned...
- Coordination, Cooperation and Communication. Thill, Judy // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p57
Presents information on a mass casualty training exercise conducted by the Eagan Fire and Police Departments along with Health East Ambulance in Minnesota. Assistance provided by fire personnel to the police and Health East; Reason behind the need for the police officers and victims to be...
- NYC adopts citywide incident management system. // Fire Engineering;Jul2004, Vol. 157 Issue 7, p46
Reports that the Citywide Incident Management System adopted by New York City provides an all-hazards framework for emergency responders to enhance interagency decision making and communication, establish a common management structure and provide for a joint after-action review process....
- Collaborative Response. Hanneman, Dave // Fire Chief;Mar2006, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p38
The article discusses the role of collaborative method of discipline in responding to emergency calls under the calculated large-scale terrorist activity in the U.S. The fire departments and law enforcement officers' collaborative service with other government agencies are seen to be less...
- General practitioner attendance at emergencies notified to ambulance control. Cox, James; Chapman, T.G. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);7/21/1984, Vol. 289 Issue 6438, p163
Evaluates the attendance of general practitioners to the scene of emergency calls received by ambulance control. Impact of the availability of ambulance on the number of patients taken to the hospitals; Treatment of patients who did not require hospital attention; Function of the call out system.