Leaders Must Embrace the Power of Paradox
- HOW TO BE A GOOD COMPANY OFFICER. Holt, Jerry // Fire Engineering;Oct2003, Vol. 156 Issue 10, p129
Provides ways on how to be a good company officer in a fire department. Treatment of people; Love on the job; Creation of change in an organization.
- Change and the lost art of followership. Cook Jr., John Lee // Fire Engineering;Sep98, Vol. 151 Issue 9, p150
Discusses the keys to a successful organizational change within the fire department. Reasons why many people are resistant to change; Leadership as an essential ingredient of transformational change; Qualities that a good leader must have in order to command the respect of his or her...
- WELCOME DISTRACTIONS. LIOZU, STEPHAN // Smart Business Pittsburgh;Dec2012, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p8
The article presents the author's insights on the various disruptive approaches to make organizational change and to speed up organizational transformation. The author says that first approach is thinking beyond the box and releasing one's potential to reinvent oneself. He states that executives...
- Changing for the better isn't as easy as it sounds. Bourque, Ronald J. // New Hampshire Business Review;7/27/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p19
Presents information on developing a high-performance organization. Role of leadership; Case illustration; Concept of high-performance organizations; Importance of organizational changes.
- Leadership As Genuine Giving. Hultman, Ken // Organization Development Journal;Spring2006, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p41
An ancient proverb says, â€˜All that is not given is lost.â€™ Leadership, like all other aspects of life, involves both give and take. There are different types of taking and giving, however, and some are much more effective than others in supporting visionary leadership. This article...
- Opening up the 'Black Box' of Leadership Practice: Taking a Distributed Leadership Perspective. Harris, Alma // International Studies in Educational Administration (Commonwealt;2006, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p37
Research evidence has consistently demonstrated that leadership matters to organizational innovation and improvement. However we know less about the exact forms of leadership practice in schools that directly contribute to organizational development and change. This article explores leadership...
- The Effect Of A Pseudotransformational Leader: Whitewater Rafting In A Hurricane. Spangenburg, Janice M // International Journal of Management & Information Systems;2012, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p325
Leadership is a long studied and interesting topic. As more thinking occurs with regard to different types and flavors, leadership sense-making is something that is done all the time. With this regard, such concepts come to light and often capture and incite our interest and appeal to the...
- X-Engineering. Champy, Jim // Leadership Excellence;Feb2008, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p9
The author offers a guide to business leaders on X-engineering their organizations, which is defined as the art and science of using technology-enabled processes to connect businesses with each other, as well as their customers. He explains the concept of X-engineering and its difference from...
- Choosing the choicest chiefs. Wilde, Simon // Lawyer;5/30/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p29
Provides tips in ensuring the effectiveness of leadership development to an organization. Awareness of leadership development as a long-term solution; Definition of the leader's goals; Identification of the star talent of the company.