Art of Persuasion is More of a Science
- TIPS ON PREPARING AN EFFECTIVE PROPOSAL. // Fire Engineering;Jun2003, Vol. 156 Issue 6, p90
Focuses on the persuasive proposal to the city council to receive more funds from community's operating budget developed by a fire service administrators in the U.S. Ways to confine space incidents; Emphasis on the nature of confined space rescue; Requirements of fire personnel to become EMT...
- City Council Rejects Expansion of Fire Service Area. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);6/18/2009, Vol. 113 Issue 24, p1
The article reports on the unanimous decision of the Grand Saline City Council Members to reject the expansion plan of the fire service area in Texas.
- Narrow streets, close calls, tight turns could delay fire response time in Buda. HILSENBECK, KIM // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);6/5/2013, Vol. 111 Issue 10, p2A
The article reports on the meeting in Buda, Texas with the city staff, Buda Fire Department, and Buda City Council which discusses the issues regarding the delayed response of fire volunteers in Whispering Hollow in Buda due to problems such as cars which parks in turning corners.
- After debate, council approves ESD 2 contract. Gray, Megan // Ellis County Press;10/ 6/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p1
The article offers information on the renewal of the emergency service contract between the City Council of Ovilla, Texas and the Emergency Services District 2 (ESD 2).
- Slash & Earn. Woodiwiss, Bob // Cincinnati Magazine;Sep2009, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p156
The article presents information on recent developments related to Cincinnati, Ohio. Naming rights have been sold for all nine members of City Council. It is stated that to attract and increase ridership, Cincinnati Metro shall require all bus passengers sitting next to a window to wipe the bad...
- Equipment OK'ed for EBVFD. Magee, Keith // East Bernard Express (TX);8/23/2012, Vol. 69 Issue 34, p1
The article informs that the East Bernard City Council gave approval to a fund of 16,500 U.S. dollars for East Bernard Volunteer Fire Department in East Bernard, Texas.
- Modeling the Effects of Processing Effort and Ability in Response to Persuasive Message Arguments. Carpenter, Christopher J.; Boster, Franklin J. // Communication Quarterly;Sep2013, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p413
This study proposed a path model of the effects of message comprehensibility on attitude change with the measured cognitive mediators suggested by dual-process models of persuasion. An experiment was conducted using a 2 (strong arguments vs. weak arguments)Â Ã—Â 2 (easy vs. difficult to...
- Two acts of social intelligence: the effects of mimicry and social praise on the evaluation of an artificial agent. Kaptein, Maurits; Markopoulos, Panos; Ruyter, Boris; Aarts, Emile // AI & Society;Aug2011, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p261
This paper describes a study of the effects of two acts of social intelligence, namely mimicry and social praise, when used by an artificial social agent. An experiment ( N = 50) is described which shows that social praise-positive feedback about the ongoing conversation-increases the perceived...
- The Influence of Public Commitment on Resistance to Attitude Change: An Investigation into the Psychological Processes. Gopinath, Mahesh; Nyer, Prashanth U. // Advances in Consumer Research - Asia-Pacific Conference Proceedi;2009, Vol. 8, p58
This paper investigates the effect of public commitment on resistance to persuasion, and examines the roles played by attitude certainty, susceptibility to normative influence (SNI) and preference for consistency (PFC) in influencing resistance to attitude change when subjects make a public...