- The `new' company officer--so now what? Part 2. Brenna, Tom // Fire Engineering;Dec97, Vol. 150 Issue 12, p98
Part II. Focuses on the proper management of fire fighting personnel during fire fighting operations. Importance of checking the completeness of the apparatus for the operation; Proper positioning of the apparatus in the accident site; Information about the responsibilities of company officer...
- 'RISK POLICY'--AS PLAIN AS THE NOSE ON YOUR FACE. Manning, Bill // Fire Engineering;May2002, Vol. 155 Issue 5, p4
Examines the importance of establishing parameters for risk firefighters. Foundation of risk policy in the fire service; Changes of the promotions and appointments practices for fire service; Inclusion of the standardized safety for firefighting.
- WHO ELSE HAS THE ANSWERS? Brennan, Tom // Fire Engineering;Jul2002, Vol. 155 Issue 7, p108
Comments on the communication responsibilities of the tactical firefighter teams. Coordination with the incident commander; Assignment for the roof team; Selection of strategy.
- DETERMINING HOT ZONE BOUNDARIES. Brennan, Christopher // Fire Engineering;Nov2003, Vol. 156 Issue 11, p79
Focuses on the determination of hot zone boundaries among the firefighters in the U.S. Consideration of the research materials; Knowledge of the physical and chemical properties of the material; Assessment of the environmental conditions.
- ABOUT THE WAY WE FIGHT FIRES. Benefield, Mike // Fire Management Today;Spring2002, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p30
Presents complaints on wildland fire management. Attitude of a wildland fire tactician; Advantage of idling a fire crew; Issuance of unlimited fire camp luxuries to fire crews. INSETS: VALID POINTS ABOUT WASTE;WEBSITES ON FIRE.
- Riding to the rescue. Gartman, Barbara // Malakoff News (TX);4/29/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 17, p3A
The article focuses on the rescue and firefighting operation of the Seven Points firefighters volunteer and their strategy to control and manage fire in West Texas.
- Defining and redefining the fire service, part 1. Welser, Carl F. // Fire Engineering;Mar1998, Vol. 151 Issue 3, p8
Part I. Discusses the developments in the American fire service. Public reaction towards redefining efforts of the service organization; Dependability of the volunteer fire service; Requirement for a medical first responder (MFR) licensing for membership; Role of the community towards fire...
- Fire engulfs former Syracuse casket Co. factory. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;9/29/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 230, p2
The article reports that firefighters are battling a blaze at the old Marsellus Casket Co. factory in Syracuse, New York in September 2010.
- What Would Ranger Ed Say? // Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2005 Supplement, Vol. 49, p4
Focuses on the changes in the trend of wildland fire management for the forest service and the other federal land-management agencies in the U.S. Need to reduce firefighter fatalities; Improvement of firefighter safety; Assessment of rules and guidelines for fire management.