NIST Addresses Arson's Burning Issues
- First Person: Bryant C. Nelson. // American Scientist;Mar/Apr2016, Vol. 104 Issue 2, p70
An interview with research chemist Bryant C. Nelson of National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is presented. Topics discussed include the difference between engineered and natural nanoparticles, nanoparticles as potential cause in DNA damage, and the interaction of nanoparticles in...
- Eyeing Offenders. PITTMAN, ELAINE // Government Technology;Apr2011, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p40
The article discusses the popularity of iris recognition technology being used by law enforcement agencies to guard against mistaken release of arrestees. According to media reports from 2007, over 2,100 departments in 27 states in the U.S. use iris recognition. The technology acquired...
- How To Get a Line On Phishing. Gage, Deborah // Baseline;Dec2006, Issue 67, p64
The article presents the tips of Washington Mutual (WaMu) chief information security officer Dave Cullinane on how to prevent phishing. WaMu said that many of their customers were target of scam artists who use e-mails to retrieve account information. To stop identity theft, WaMu improved their...
- Manufacturing assistance a phone call away. // Products Finishing;Oct96, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p39
Presents a telephone number which can directly link manufacturers with the nearest Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) affiliate of headquarters office, a program of the Commerce Department's National Institute of Standards and Technology. What is MEP; Internet address for MEP.
- Refrigeration database. // Appliance Manufacturer;Oct95, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p20
Reports that the National Institute of Standards and Technology has announced a standard reference database, CYCLE-D.
- NIST research request tops $1B. // PM Engineer;Apr95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p56
Reports that the president's fiscal year 1996 budget request of $1.023 billion for the National Institute of Standards and Technology is 19.8 percent higher than the agency's 1995 appropriation.
- Eight win 1996 general ATP competition. // Quality;May97, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p18
No abstract available.
- Tutorials focus on manufacturing software. // Ceramic Industry;Jun98, Vol. 148 Issue 6, p39
Reports on National Institute of Standards and Technology's tutorials covered by Systems Integration for Manufacturing Applications Program.
- Web site source of R&D tips. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Mar98, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the launch of a Web site by the National Institute of Standards and Technology aimed at providing tips on the planning of a joint R&D venture. Benefits of joint R&D ventures; Details on the Advanced Technology Program award; Contact information available.