Tech Transfer Center Plans Disaster Drill
- Researchers Find Hot Spot with Simulation. // Fire Chief;Aug2004, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p26
Reports on the development of simulators designed to anticipate the behavior of wildfires in the U.S. Success of the Data Dynamic Simulation for Disaster Management Project by a group of researchers from various universities; Application of the state-of-the-art information to wildland fire...
- Multiagency emergency response exercise for Northstar commuter rail. Pellegrin, Vince // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p38
The article offers an overview of the multiagency emergency response exercise for Northstar Commuter Rail, which operates between Big Lake and the Target Field in downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota. Among the objectives of the emergency response exercise are to assess the adequacy of local...
- DRILLS FOR A RAINY DAY. Prziborowski, Steve // Fire Engineering;Jul2006, Vol. 159 Issue 7, p18
This article presents the author's views on how to conduct indoor training on an inclement weather day. Many departments try to have a turnout time of sixty seconds. However, many members of the staff are not able to follow that. On a bad weather day, one can organize indoor turnout drill. A...
- EMERGENCY PLANNING. Yearick, Bob // Motor Age;Nov2004, Vol. 123 Issue 11, p162
Discusses the factors that should be considered in making emergency and fire prevention plans. Instructions that should be included in an emergency action plan; Issues that should be discussed in an emergency action training; Materials needed in creating a fire prevention plan. INSET: REASONS...
- The final frontier. Corbett, Glenn P. // Fire Engineering;Mar2000, Vol. 153 Issue 3, p180
Presents a story about a fire department and fire emergency management in a place called Utopia. Actions taken by the fire officials to reduce the occurrence of fire and better handle fire emergencies; Campaign launched to educate the public on fire prevention.
- TVFD Holds Live Burn. // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);1/28/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p2
The article offers information on the live burn training exercise organized by the Fire Department Tatum, Texas.
- In the Line of Safety. Mahalingam, T. V. // Business Today;3/11/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p166
The article offers tips on how to protect homes from common physical disasters and calamities, such as fires and earthquake.
- Learning Curve. Pindelski, Jeffrey // Fire Chief;Dec2006, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p34
The article focuses on the factors to be considered by instructors when training fire fighters so that they acquire the skills necessary to have confidence and achieve precision when working under emergency situations. Training instructors should consider should consider how fire fighters learn...
- STUDY GROUP. Dechant, Chris; Higgins, Jim // Fire Chief;Dec2007, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p62
The article provides information on the joint-use public safety training facility which uses state-of-the art props to promote both team and individual preparedness in Arizona. The Greater Regional Partnering for a Successful Training Center developed the training center in June 2006 and opened...