Giant Funds Fire Inspection VR Training
- ASSISTANCE TO FIREFIGHTERS GRANTS AWARDS. // Fire Engineering;Feb2006, Vol. 159 Issue 2, p40
The article reports on the awards made under the Fiscal Year 2005 Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program (AFGP) in the U.S. The grants can be used by local fire departments and emergency medical services organizations for training, first responder health and safety programs, equipment and...
- Ford Project Seeks To Better Math Skills Of Minority Students. // Education Week;9/7/1981, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p2
The article reports on the 1.1 million dollar-worth project announced by the Ford Foundation to improve mathematics teaching and learning in the U.S. The project helps the entire system of mathematics education. Institutions receiving grants will design courses, train teachers and provide...
- House passes FY 2005 Homeland Security Appropriations. // Fire Engineering;Aug2004, Vol. 157 Issue 8, p54
Reports on the passage of the fiscal year 2005 Department of Homeland Security Appropriations bill by the U.S. House of Representatives. Details on the funding for the Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response Firefighters Act; Administration of a grant program to the local fire...
- Mass. Releasing Grants to Volunteer Fire Departments. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;1/6/2012, p2
The article on the federal Volunteer Fire Assistance Grants to be released by officials in Massachusetts to fund operations of volunteer and rural fire departments service smaller communities.
- Panels complete fire grant application peer reviews. // Fire Engineering;Aug2001, Vol. 154 Issue 8, p38
Reports the review process on fire grant applications of fire departments under the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program in the United States. Evaluation of the applications by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Fire Administration; Amount appropriated for the grant program;...
- Fire departments awarded FETN/ICHIEFS grants. // Fire Engineering;Aug2001, Vol. 154 Issue 8, p42
Reports the awarding of the National Association of Fire Chiefs/Fire and Emergency Television Network Professional Development Grant to fire departments in the United States. Provisions of the grant; Recipients of the grant; Impact of the grant to firefighters.
- Grant program for Pennsylvania volunteer fire companies proposed. // Fire Engineering;Apr2000, Vol. 153 Issue 4, p52
Reports the state grant program for volunteer fire departments proposed by Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge. Remark of Congressional Fire Services Institute Executive Director Bill Webb on the program; Coverage of the program; Role of the Office of the State Fire Commissioner as the awarding...
- $170 million in FEMA grants awarded to 2,756 fire departments. // Fire Engineering;Dec2002, Vol. 155 Issue 12, p41
Focuses on the grants awarded by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Fire Administration to various fire departments in the U.S. Estimated number of fire departments applying for grants; Provisions of the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program; Plans of FEMA to distribute...
- A FEDERAL CASE. Manning, Bill // Fire Engineering;Jun2003, Vol. 156 Issue 6, p8
Presents viewpoints concerning the current fire services status in Washington. Reinstatement of the 36 National Fire Academy classes; Utilization of the state-fire-agency-delivered terrorism training outreach program; Accounts on the selection mechanism for making grants.