Florida Localities Going Ahead With Bond Votes Despite Charley's Aftermath
- Tulsa's Record $918M Bond Package Wins Easy Passage. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/14/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34012, p1
The article informs that voters have approved a record 918.7 million dollars bond package in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It states that ballot included two propositions under the proposal known as 'Improve Our Tulsa' wherein the second propositions included a 563.7 million extension of a 1.1 cent sales...
- Voters in Georgia Municipalities to Weigh Tax and Bond Proposals. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/5/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32808, p29
The article reports that voters in Georgia will be deciding on bond and tax proposals for capital projects, in addition to the presidential nominations. Voters will decide of the Board of Education of Gwinnett County can issue $750 million of general obligation bonds to fund its water and sewer...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/17/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31949, p31
Presents news briefs concerning bonds issued or planned in Southwestern States as of August 17, 2004. Jailers' call for Arkansas to add more space to state facilities; Possible addition of a change in Amendment 23 to the November 2, 2004, ballot in Colorado; Marshall County officials in Texas'...
- Florida Counties OK Some Sales Tax Hikes for Various Purposes. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31839, p3
Reports that voters in Florida counties approved referendums seeking sales tax increases for various purposes. Tax hikes sought by local officials trying to meet the needs of fast-growing state; Selling of general obligation bonds; Permission given to local school boards to issue debt to...
- Early Retirement. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/8/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31736, p31
Reports on the announcement of the sufficient countywide sales tax collection by the Green Bay/Brown County Professional Football Stadium District in Wisconsin. Use of the tax collection to repay issued bonds; Total amount of sales tax collected.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31349, p29
Reports developments on bonds in the U.S. as of March 2002. Approval of local-option sales taxes by voters; Construction of the resort and conference center by West Feliciana Parish; Debate on the sale of revenue bonds by officials in Jackson.
- The Voters Speak. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31747, p31
Reports on the approved three bond measures in several localities in Alaska. Amount of the released general obligation bonds of schools; Rejection of bond issue to build government offices; Enactment of sales tax.
- Louisiana Senate Authorizes $2.2 Billion in GOs for 2003. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31406, p36
Reports the approval of general obligation bond authorizations in Louisiana. Proposal to renew sales tax on food and utilities; Use of cash raised through the tax amnesty program to pay off debt.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Williamson, Richard; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/18/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31410, p31
Reports developments related to bond issues as of June 18, 2002 in the Southwestern States. Revenue bond financing of the convention center in Phoenix, Arizona; Sales tax increase for school districts in Kansas; Nature of the conservation district elections in New Mexico.