July Housing Starts +83%; Permits +5.7%
- Finance: For house design, happiness at the high end. Spiers, Joseph // Architectural Record;Feb1986, Vol. 174 Issue 2, p41
Focuses on the disappointing performance of residential construction in the U.S. in 1985. Decline in mortgage rates; Decline of housing starts; Factors behind the failure of housing construction.
- Education is the antidote to licensing. Stewart, Ed // New Hampshire Business Review;2/18/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p41
Comments on the issue of trust in selecting a home remodeler. High cost of contracting a remodeler's services; Characteristics of a remodeler with a solid educational background; Background on the proposed licensing requirement for remodelers.
- recycled retreat. // Houses;2002, Issue 29, p56
Features a house designed by B + C Design Construct located in the remote MacDonald Valley, north of Sydney, New South Wales. Feature; Materials used; Cost of the project.
- Homebuilders, buyers get boost up ladder. // New Mexico Business Journal;Feb94, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p54
No abstract available.
- EVOLVING MODULES. Prineas, Eva-Marie // Houses;2005, Issue 45, p28
Focuses on the integration of the Platform1234 prefabricated building system in the house construction project of Studio Internationale in Foxground, New South Wales.
- Dream Homes Georgia. // Atlanta Building News eNewsletter;8/23/2011, p18
The article focuses on books on residential architecture and high-end custom homes.
- real homes. // Real Living;Nov2010, Issue 59, p83
The article presents information on architecture of several houses.
- Homeward bound. Green, Lisa // Australian House & Garden;Apr2010, p17
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses an article on experts' suggestions on home building, an article on Villa Botanica, and an article on a riverside house in Gold Coast, Queensland.
- welcome. // Real Living;Jul2010, Issue 55, p13
The article discusses various reports published in this issue of the journal including one by chief sub-editor John McDonald and part-time sub-editor Diana Prichard on how happiness can be reflected in a home and another on renovating homes.