Come out of hiding
- BHHMA launches 'online mall' // Housewares;Oct2005, Issue 193, p36
The article reports that the British Hardware and Housewares Manufacturers' Association is launching a portal Web site for its members under the name homewareheaven.com at the November 2005 BBC Good Food Show in Birmingham, England. The association is describing the Web portal as the first...
- NHFA plans consumer site. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;3/16/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the plan of the National Home Furnishings Association (NFHA) to launch a consumer Web portal with an online sweepstakes promotion to attract consumer traffic in High Point, North Carolina. The initiative is said to help consumers determine what they need to furnish their...
- Six out of ten house-hunters use the Web for research. // New Media Age;12/11/2003, p12
Reports on a research in 2003 by property portal Rightmove.co.uk on Internet use by prospective buyers of real property. Comparison of the Internet and newspapers as search sources; Reasons cited for preferring Internet property searches.
- Habitat to sell range online. Jones, Gareth // Marketing (00253650);12/13/2006, p12
The article reports that Habitat Inc., a home furnishings retailer, is relaunching its web site as an e-commerce web portal. The portal will allow consumers across Europe to shop for the firm's products online. The advertising agency Digit London has been asked to design it. The portal will...
- Library Portal: A Tool for Web-enabled Information Services. M., Letha M. // DESIDOC Bulletin of Information Technology;Sep2006, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p11
In the modern digital information environment, a well-defined mechanism is needed to organise, store, and access information. A library portal is highly beneficial for this as well as for web-enabled information services Most of the libraries are adding e-resources to their collection. The...
- Be web wise. Miller, Nigel // Cabinet Maker;3/10/2006, Issue 5478, p34
The article discusses the factors to consider in launching a Web site for furniture retailers in Great Britain. The Web developer and the company should first agree on the site's scope and extent before negotiating for the development price. Other factors include user data, client-bespoke work...
- Furniture/Today launching enhanced Web site. // Furniture/Today;5/24/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p2
Reports on the improved features of FurnitureToday.com, the web site of furniture periodical. Update of the appearance in a new format; Improvement of the search function.
- Digital choice: IKEA. Royce, Seb // Marketing (00253650);9/6/2006, p12
The article presents the author's opinion on the improvement made to the Web site of the Swedish furniture manufacturing chain IKEA AB. The visitors to the sites are now welcomed by a cross-sectional view of various rooms in a multi-storey building. They can also move between floors by pressing...
- New features look at retail. // Furniture/Today;1/24/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p1
The article reports on the features of "Furniture/Today" such as a series of reports on home furnishings retailers and the e-Intent which provides online traffic at furniture Web sites.