Discounts prompt deflation
- SÃ£o Paulo More Resilient To Disinflation. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Apr2009, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p5
The article focuses on the resistance of the city of SÃ£o Paulo, Brazil to disinflationary pressures in 2009. The consumer price inflation indicator measured by the FundaÃ§Ã£o Instituto de Pesquisas EconÃ´micas (FIFE) has declined by 6.20% year-on-year (y-o-y) since November 2008 but...
- Furniture deflation slows in Octobeter. // Cabinet Maker;11/6/2009, Issue 5662, p6
The article reports on the decrease of the annual deflation in the furniture and floor coverings sector in October 2009.
- Petrol fuels furniture price rises. // Cabinet Maker;12/21/2007, Issue 5569, p5
The article reports on the factors contributing to the inflation of the furniture industry in Great Britain. National Statistics showed that the annual rate of consumer price index inflation was static at 2.1% last month, just above the Government's target of 2%. National Statistics also added...
- Furniture inflation slows down. // Cabinet Maker;5/6/2011, Issue 5736, p10
The article reports on the British Retail Consortium (BRC)-Nielsen Shop Price Index in Great Britain which showed that annual inflation in the furniture and furnishings category slowed to 0.9% in April 2011 from 1.8% in March 2011.
- SPI reports furniture and floorcovering deflation. // Cabinet Maker;1/16/2009, Issue 5620, p9
The article reports on the result of the British Retail Consortium's (BRC) Nielsen UK Shop Price Index (SPI) which shows the highest rate of deflation in the furniture and floorcovering sector in Great Britain. The SPI showed that the furniture and floorcoverings sub-category reached to 2.0%...
- Furniture deflation in July. // Cabinet Maker;8/7/2009, Issue 5649, p6
The article reports on the statements by the British Retail Consortium (BRC) and Nielsen Media Research Inc. that deflation in the furniture and floor covering sector slowed in July 2009 in Great Britain. BRC-Nielsen Shop Price Index indicated that deflation declined to 1.9% from 3.8% and prices...
- Views. Adamson, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;4/15/2005, Issue 5434, p9
Comments on the findings of PriceWaterhouseCoopers on retail price deflation of furniture. Responsibility of the retailers in the retail price deflation; Importance of investing in the company for the long-term; Need for selling the products on something other than its price.
- CPI Peak Is Nigh. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Nov2011, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p8
The article offers Business Monitor International's economic forecast on Singapore's inflation which reaches at 5.7% in August 2011 against the expected 5.1%. It states that the country's resilient real estate market is the backbone to its inflationary trend. It is expected that consumer price...
- China: Rate Hike Supports Disinlationary View. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/11/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p8
The article discusses the factors supporting the view that China's structural problems will remain disinflationary in nature and inflation will ease in the coming months with the Consumer Price Index (CPI) dropping to 3.6% by the end of 2011. These include a composite figure of 50.2, a plunge in...