Polish sofas to be UK compliant
- Taiwanese producers aim to grow through niches. James, Gary // Furniture/Today;2/5/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p32
The article focuses on the Taiwanese furniture, upholstery and lighting industry and discusses the Chinese dominance in the United States market. Efforts of Taiwan External Trade Development Council to boost exports to U.S. is mentioned. Product profile of several companies are presented...
- China faces EU probe. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;3/17/2006, Issue 5479, p3
The article reports on the complaints raised by the German and Italian upholstery manufacturers to the European Commission pushing that Chinese furnitures are being sold below the cost or dumped into the European markets. Furniture companies such as the Land of Leather and DFS Group Ltd. which...
- Seats of power. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;7/28/2006, Issue 5498, p53
The article reports on the increase in demand for upholstery and globalization of production. It has been found out by Italian furniture research company CSIL that global trade has risen from $5.9 billion in 1997 to $13.1 billion in 2006. The reasons for the growth in international trade include...
- Trading standards explained. // Cabinet Maker;07/16/99, Issue 5146, p5
Reports that the policies of Trading Standards departments will be discussed at the Association of Master Upholsterers and Soft Furnishers's 1999 conference in England.
- All shades of grey at a hot Decosit. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;09/10/99, Issue 5154, p2
Focuses on the trends in upholstery fabric showcased at the Decosit fair in Brussels, Belgium.
- Paine expands. // Cabinet Maker;02/18/2000, Issue 5175, p5
Reports on upholstery firm David Paine Associates' acquisition of a manufacturing plant in response to increased business generated at the 2000 Furniture Show.
- Due Linee assurance. // Cabinet Maker;02/25/2000, Issue 5176, p3
Reports on the assurance given by Italian upholstery manufacturer Due Linee to its British stocklists that normal service will be resumed by the end of March 2000.
- Upholstery's vicious circle. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;9/19/2003, Issue 5356, p8
Analyzes the trends in the global market for upholstery as of September 19, 2003. Forecast on global demand; Expansion of market share by Asian manufacturers; Increase in U.S. furniture imports; Germany's flat exports; Production mainly centered in the U.S., Italy and China.
- Imrie to hand over upholstery buying. // Cabinet Maker;04/21/2000, Issue 5184, p3
Reports that Furniture Village group buying and merchandising director David Imrie is planning to give up upholstery buying for the firm.