Espacio makes a brand on sofabeds and use of space
- JHP furnishes sofa shop interiors. // Design Week;6/27/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p4
Deals with the plan of JHP to implement its designs for a flagship store for furniture retailer Sofas and Sofa Beds as of June 2002. Details of the retailer's business in London, England; Objective of the flagship store; Solutions to the peculiarities of the store's space; Features of the...
- New leather product just keeps pouring out. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;10/17/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p216
Reports on the products offered by leather upholstery manufacturers in the U.S. Features of the transitional two-over-two model; Use of the new product line strategy of several manufacturers; Selection of exposed-wood frames, along with coordinated cocktail tables.
- Upholstery makers fill in key voids. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;10/17/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p220
Reports that stationary upholstery makers are beefing up categories and filling in voids in anticipation of a reasonably good market in the U.S. Factors that influence upholstery sales; Number of exclusive fabrics in stripes and floral offered by some companies; Market trends of the industry.
- Duralee offering premium leathers. // Furniture/Today;10/17/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p90
Reports that Duralee Fabrics has introduced a line of premium quality upholstery leather. Features of the Leather Volume 1; Textural effects of the Leather Volume 1; List of the five leather patterns.
- Views. Kay, Martin // Cabinet Maker;5/27/2005, Issue 5440, p9
Comments on the improvement of upholstery trade in Great Britain. Impact of the new technology on development of the industry; Flexibility of the furniture industry; Commitment of upholstery producers in the improvement of the industry.
- Little 'middle ground' in motion. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;10/17/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p222
Reports on the new trends for motion upholstery and recliners in the U.S. Retail prices for recliners and motion sofa; Features of the two reclining seats and a sleeper unit; Introductions of several major motion products.
- Brands spring into action in April. // Cabinet Maker;3/17/2006, Issue 5479, p5
The article focuses on the advertising campaigns initiated by upholstery manufacturers in Great Britain. Sealy Corp., a bed manufacturer, launches its advertisement through commercials initially running for two months on terrestrial and satellite television. Ekornes will be launching its...
- Upholstery: Few bright spots. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;12/25/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p33
The article reports on the performance of the upholstery segment of the furniture industry in the U.S. for 2006. Sales for stationary sofas and chairs in 2006 are estimated at $13.45 billion, compared to the Katrina-devastated year of 2005 in which sales was $11.77 billion. Nevertheless, many...
- Glabman, Himes form Westlake USA. Andrews, Susan M. // Furniture/Today;4/17/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 32, p12
The article reports on the launch of Westlake USA, a new upholstery fabric company formed by Jack Glabman and Tom Himes, who are partners in Glabman-Himes. The 10-member Glabman-Himes sales force will be doing business for Westlake. Glabman revealed that he and Himes have been developing fabrics...