- Top 100 Furniture Stores. // Furniture/Today;5/23/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p50
Presents charts depicting the top 100 furniture stores in terms of sales and stock returns in the U.S.
- Determinants of Residential Property Prices in Hong Kong: A Cointegration Analysis. Chung, Kenneth Hoi-Ki // International Research Journal of Finance & Economics;8/15/2012, Issue 96, p55
Based on simple investment principles and the consideration of excess liquidity, a model on Hong Kong residential property prices has been developed. By using quarterly data of Hong Kong from 1984Q1 to 2009Q4, it is found that housing rental, excess liquidity, stock price and interest rate are...
- up front. // Furniture/Today;12/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 16, p4
Reports developments related to furniture industry in the U.S. as of December 22, 2003. Designation of Brin Perryman as regional sales manager for business newspaper "Furniture/Today"; Summary of the furniture stocks; Presentation of state and national recognition to Stanley Furniture for...
- Home Price Sensitivity to Capital Market Factors: Analysis of ZIP Code Data. Anderson, Christopher W.; Beracha, Eli // Journal of Real Estate Research;Apr-Jun2010, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p161
To what extent do capital market factors affect home prices? This paper examines quarterly changes in median sales prices for homes across more than 3.000 U.S. ZIP Codes in 203 metropolitan areas from 2001 to 2006 to investigate home price sensitivity to returns on U.S. stocks and bonds. The...
- Sentiment Versus Sensible. Karlgaard, Rich // Forbes Global;4/25/2005, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p35
Comments on the rising home prices and the possible decline in airline stocks in the U.S. Evidence of an increase in home prices according to John Makin, an economist with the American Enterprise Institute; Factors that contributed to the rise of fuel prices; Prediction of Daniel Yergin,...
- Actuaries say price falls won't hit equity release. // Money Marketing;4/3/2003, p20
Reports on the impact of concerns over the sustainability of home prices on providers planning to enter the equity-release market in Great Britain.
- Existing-Home Sales Strong. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;8/21/2015, pA01
4 July home resales rose 2% vs. June and 10.3% vs. a year earlier to an annualized 5.59 mil, the most since Feb. '07. Though home prices dipped in July, they've been rising steadily amid tight supply. The share of first-time homebuyers fell to 28%, the lowest since Jan. Homebuilder stocks fell...
- Opportunities on the way? // Cabinet Maker;5/23/2008, Issue 5587, p6
The article reports on the sales performance of the furniture industry in Great Britain for 2008. ScS plunged to 46p as a profits warning indicated a Â£3 million loss in the year to July 2008. However, the price recovered to 52p as a number of private investors each bought a few thousands...
- Financial Scorecard. // Furniture/Today;10/4/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p26
Reports on the financial performance of furniture retailers, manufacturers and suppliers in the United States, compiled as of October 2004. Return on assets; Return on equity; Return on sales; Stock returns; Gross margin.