- September Comps Crumble. // Home Textiles Today;10/1/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 25, p18
The article reports on the performance of comparable store sales of chain and department stores in New York in September 2007. A 1.6% gain in the Redbook Index was found in the period which shows a clear drop-off from the previous week's 2.4% gain. Comparable store sales are up by 2.2% and are...
- October Ends with Comp Gains. // Home Textiles Today;11/8/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p21
The article offers information on the Johnson Redbook Index, which shows the increase in the sales rates of chain stores and traditional department stores for the week ending October 30, 2010.
- Seasonal Goods Aid Retail. // Home Textiles Today;6/27/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p15
The article reports that with warm weather finally settling in across the U.S., same-store retail sales continued to run ahead of plan during the third week of June, helped by strong sales of seasonal goods. Mass merchant sales improved 4.6 percent during the week, and for the three weeks...
- Easter Shift Deflates Comps. Derby, Meredith // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/7/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 74, p13
The article offers a look at the same-store sales gained by department stores, specialty chains and mass retailers in the U.S. in March 2006. The International Council of Shopping Centers said that March same-store sales rose at the softest rate since November 2004 for a weaker-than-expected 1.9...
- APPENDIX I. // Retail Trade;Mar2003, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p33
Presents several definitions related to retail trade. Retail location; Total net sales; Department store type merchandise.
- UNEVEN SEASON: RETAILERS SHOW VARIED FALL SALES. Casabona, Liza; Sammon, Lindsay E.; Niemi, Wayne // FN: Footwear News;9/17/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 36, p2
The article reports that some high-end department stores and mid-tier chains are reporting robust sales, while independent stores are experiencing a challenging fall due to consumer concerns over an uncertain economy. Sam Poser, an analyst at Sterne Agee & Leach, said that customer shopping is...
- PERSPECTIVES. // Chain Store Age;Sep2003, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p35
Presents news briefs related to chain stores as of September 2003. Increase in the percentage of pharmacies that opened inside supermarkets in 2002, according to a study by Food Marketing Institute; Findings on the effectivity of in-store advertising and placement of product displays in...
- July Sales Rise 4.3% After Heat Wave. // Chain Store Age;Sep2003, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p134
Presents an update on the sales performance of chain stores in the U.S. as of September 2003. Role of the heat wave in the increase in sales of chain stores; Earnings posted by the department store sector; Comps gain of footwear chains.
- Farewell to the Shopkeeper. Soule, George // New Republic;4/4/28, Vol. 54 Issue 696, p210
Focuses on the trial survey conducted by the Census Bureau, which found that the business of the chain stores is even greater in larger cities in the United States. Growth of chains and department stores; Average yearly sales of each of the independent stores including the department stores not...