Going back to basics
- SYNC STORY BENSONS FOR BEDS, KAT EDMONSON. DE WHALLEY, CHAS // Music Week;7/27/2015, p08
A review is offered of a television advertisement for bed specialist Bensons For Beds.
- Steinhoff forecasts major profit surge. // Cabinet Maker;2/21/2014, Issue 5873, p8
The article reports that the 41% increase in net profits for the year ended June 30, 2013 has been forecasted by Steinhoff UK Retail Ltd., the parent company of Bensons for Beds and Harveys.
- Bensons sale was inevitable. // Cabinet Maker;8/20/2004, Issue 5402, p7
Reports on the plan of Homestyle to sell Bensons Beds in an effort to restore Harvey's in Great Britain. Homestyle finance director, Tim Kowalski's explanation on the decision of the company; Projected amount generated from the sale; Uses of proceeds from the sale.
- Brock says Bensons Beds sale is on track. // Cabinet Maker;10/22/2004, Issue 5411, p6
The article reports that Bensons Beds parent company Homestyle is confident that it can sell the division in the spring. It has received interest from potential trade buyers, including its management and also from venture capital companies. David Brock, chairman said he was confident that the...
- Selling a Business. Singer, Gregory D.; Wodar, Brian D. // CPA Journal;May2011, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p38
The article offers suggestions for business owners on how to make the transition from relying on the earnings of their successful business to living off the liquid investments generated by the sale of the business. It describes a planning framework that determines how much individuals need to...
- Satellite Co. Intelsat Investigates Selling. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/7/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p5
Reports on the decision of satellite provider Intelsat to sell its business or acquire investments in the firm as of June 7, 2004. Potential investors in the company; Company background; Net income of Intelsat in 2003; Primary competitors of Intelsat.
- Selling a Beleaguered Company Not Always Best Solution. Merrefield, David // SN: Supermarket News;8/28/2006, Vol. 54 Issue 35, p10
The author stresses that selling is not always the best solution for companies suffering from sinking sales and fading profitability. He states that shareholders sometimes influence the proposed sales to investment firms. He claims that many transactions are initiated because of prodding by...
- Turnover dives as Barclays shift assets. // Estates Gazette;11/7/2009, Issue 944, p31
The article reports that turnover at Ellerman Investments, the principal investment vehicle of Barclays, fell to 29.8 million British pounds in the 12 months ended December 31, 2008. The main cause of the decline was the sale of its hotel, casino, property and jewelry operations. On the other...
- Centrica to sell AA to concentrate on supply. Milne, Roger // Utility Week;6/25/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the plan of Centrica to sell its AA car rescue business as of June 2004. Reasons for the decision of Centrica to sell AA; Profit to be generated by the company from the sale; Amount invested by Centrica in AA.