- Lowering Threshold for School Bonds Qualifies Again for California Ballot. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;06/29/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30923, p36
Reports on the inclusion in the California ballot in November 2000 of an initiative that would reduce the approval level required for passing bond referendums. Required approval of bond plans by school boards; Caps and citizen oversight requirements.
- Fairfax County, Va., to Vote on $246M School Bond This Fall. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/18/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32199, p26
Reports on the proposal for school construction and renovation bond referendum on the November 2005 ballot in Fairfax County, Virginia. Approval of the borrowing plans by local officials; History of bond-related propositions; Allocation of funds for the construction projects.
- Chesterfield County, Va., Board Weighs Vote for $342M of GOs. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/29/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31936, p3
Reports that the Chesterfield County, Virginia Board of Supervisors is considering whether to place a general obligation bond referendum on the November 2, 2004 ballot. Discussions to be held on financing a list of projects, including those that could use tax-exempt financing.
- Some Local Mirrors of What Matters. // Time;11/20/1972, Vol. 100 Issue 21, p22
The article focuses on the issues concerning constitutional amendments and referendums that should be handled by the voters in the U.S. It mentions that the voters are faced with different local issues, in which their sentiments serve as a mirror on what really matters for the Americans. It...
- L.A. County MTA Readies $299 Million Competitive Sale. Enochs, Liz // Bond Buyer;6/17/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32156, p34
The article reports that the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) of Los Angeles County, California, plans to sell about $299 million in senior sales tax revenue bonds in what was expected to be next week's biggest competitive deal in the municipal market. About $47 million of the MTA...
- California's Big Ballot. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/28/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32248, p1
Reports on the provisions of the Proposition 76 of the November 8, 2005 special election ballot in California. Use of the proposition to tame the state budget process; Offer of up to three billion dollars in new bond issuance by local governments for transportation projects; Structure of the...
- Tulsa's Record $918M Bond Package Wins Easy Passage. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/14/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34012, p1
The article informs that voters have approved a record 918.7 million dollars bond package in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It states that ballot included two propositions under the proposal known as 'Improve Our Tulsa' wherein the second propositions included a 563.7 million extension of a 1.1 cent sales...
- Florida Localities Going Ahead With Bond Votes Despite Charley's Aftermath. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/18/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31950, p32
Reports on the hold local bond referendum in Florida. Impact of hurricane on the referendum; Request of officials for voters to approve a general obligation bond referendum to acquire land for environmental and transportation purposes; Question for voters for the approval of a half-cent sales...
- California Voters Will Decide Fate Of $3B of GOs for Stem Cell Researcxh. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p4
Reports that Californians will vote in November 2004 on a proposed $3 billion general obligation bond to fund embryonic stem cell research. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on the bond market and genetic research.