Stafford County, Va., Board May Ask Voters for GOs to Buy Parkland
- N.J. ballot question seeks money for open space without detailing bond plan. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;11/03/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30513, p28
Focuses on New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman's proposal to have the state issue $100 million in bonds annually for ten years to preserve one million acres of undeveloped land. Ballot question; State law covering the issue; Legality of the plan.
- Deeply question open space bond proposal. // Inside Tucson Business;12/8/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 22, p4
No abstract available.
- Voters spring for open space efforts. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;11/13/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 46, p4
Focuses on Westchester County, New York voters' approval of open-space preservation efforts. Need for communities to limit the amount of land available for future development; Allocation of millions of dollars in public funds toward open space initiatives.
- Groups Talk Strategy for N.Y.'s $2.9B Transportation GO Deal. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;8/17/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32918, p36
Reports on the meeting of about 60 people representing a coalition of groups and firms who support passage of the general obligation bond referendum in New York. Aim of the gathering to discuss strategy for the campaign; Efforts of the individuals to organize a support campaign to boost the odds...
- Denver Attorneys Move to Scuttle Referendum on Hotel Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31137, p6
Reports on the filing of request for a judicial determination by the city attorneys in Denver City, Dallas. Approval of the sale of bonds and loans; Conduction of referendum on the loan contract; Violation of union lawyers of the Colorado constitutional amendment.
- Alabama voters have $200 million of bond proposals waiting on the ballot. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;08/19/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30460, p23
Announces Alabama Secretary of State Jim Bennett's approval of a November 3, 1998 ballot for nearly $200 million of state bonds with five referendums. Background on the bond referendums; Bonds in question; Implications of voters' approval of the measure; Sole revenue debt on the ballot.
- Voters Pull Plug on Film Debt. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;5/10/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33712, p1
The article reports that Allen Park, Michigan residents have defeated the bond referendum that would allow Detroit, Michigan to pay its debts on a failed film studio development.
- DuPage wants more open acres. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;10/30/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p20
The article focuses on Forest Preserve District of Dupage County, Illinois, which will initiate a ballot measure on November 7, 2006 to raise $68 million in bonds to acquire open space in the fast-growing county. The measure, which is almost certain to pass, has been opposed by some developers,...
- Critics say Florida plan would choke projects. Stribling, Dees // Shopping Centers Today;Dec2007, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p170
The article reports on the move of organization Florida Hometown Democracy in pushing for an amendment to the state constitution that would require a local referendum to any comprehensive land-use plan in New Smyrna Beach, Florida. It is mentioned that the action would lead to a plethora of...