Seattle Monorail Project Won't Go to Voters, Judge Rules
- Las Vegas Monorail Debut. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p31
Reports on the debut in Las Vegas, Nevada, on July 15, 2004, of a new monorail line, a 3.6-mile line connecting nine casinos and the Las Vegas Convention Center financed with a $650 million tax-exempt revenue bond issue in 2000 for the Las Vegas Monorail Co.
- Seattle Voters May Consider Another Monorail Initiative This November. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;08/23/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30960, p3
Highlights the proposal of the Seattle, Washington City Council to extend Seattle's monorail by more than 40 miles. Submission of 22,000 signatures; Number of residents that take the monorail; Total amount of general obligation bonds needed for the project.
- Smooth Rising: Seattle's Monorail Bonds May Sell in Fall. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31879, p36
Reports on the sale of Seattle Popular Monorail Authority bonds to finance the construction of the city's monorail system in Washington. Contractors that will bid for the construction of the project; Underwriter, financial adviser and counsel for the bond project; Budget allocated to the...
- Seattle Monorail Project Loses Bidder as Deadline Approaches. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/10/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31944, p1
Reports that Team Monorail has quit Seattle, Washington's Monorail Project. Announcement made by the Seattle Popular Monorail Authority; Surviving bidder Cascadia Monorail Co.'s plan to use trains from Japanese manufacturer Hitachi; Municipal bond financing for the project.
- FAR WEST Bond Watch. Resnick, Amy B.; Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;06/02/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30904, p34
Presents news developments about municipal bonds in the Far West as of June 2, 2000. Voting in the state assembly in favor of a bill allowing school districts to qualify for state bond funds; Sale by the California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank of bonds to assist the Fairmont...
- Free ride. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;Aug1995 Supplement, Vol. 170 Issue 32, p10
Features the Las Vegas Strip monorail in Nevada. Offer of free transportation to riders daily by dual-lane tracks carrying two six-car trains; Number of people served per day at maximum capacity.
- Minority leaders set sights on monorail. Hare, David // Las Vegas Business Press;7/16/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p6
Focuses on the monorail project by the Nevada Minority Purchasing Council Inc. (NMPC) in Las Vegas. Management of the construction of the private monorail system; Range of potential opportunities offered by NMPC; Features of the driverless automatic train.
- Untitled. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2010 Book of Lists Supplement, p101
A photograph of the Las Vegas Monorail in Nevada is presented.
- Seattle voters to face monorail plan despite opposition from local leaders. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;10/28/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30261, p1
Focuses on the proposed construction of a 40-mile monorail railroad in Seattle, Washington. Seattle Mayor Norm Rice's opposition against the initiative; Estimated costs of the project; Effort of several residents to support the project.