Tools of the trade
- International Briefs. // Marketing News;3/24/1978, Vol. 11 Issue 19, p2
Reveals that the U.S. marketers of medical and surgical equipment interested in the Czechoslovakian market can participate in an exhibition sponsored by the Commerce Department in Brno on September 15-23, 1978. Budget allotted by the government for medical equipment.
- Design Drives Success. Brandl, Phil // Appliance Design;Feb2006, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p56
This article previews the 2006 International Home & Housewares Show which will take place at the McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois from March 12 to 14, 2006. Highlights of the show are given. Experts will speak on a variety of topics on product design.
- New ProcedurePak C-Section trays. // British Journal of Perioperative Nursing;Jul2004, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p296
Features the ProcedurePak C-Section tray from MÃ¶lnlycke Health Care AB. Product design; Provision of a single used products in a sterile pack; Usage.
- A Novel Valve Offers Designers New Opportunities. // Medical Device Technology;Oc2005, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p48
The article features the design of Flatprop EQI valve, one of the latest innovations in miniature proportional valve technology. The valve has an orifice of 4.5 mm to meet the requirement for high flow rate. The valve is available as a cartridge derivative, which can be directly integrated into...
- Outside Resources Enhance Medical Device Innovation. Andrews, Robert R. // Product Design & Development;Sep2005, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the illustration of utilizing outside technology sources to provide innovative solutions by medical manufacturers targeting market leadership. Use of expertise in medical product design, materials and mechanism development to roll out an ergonomic biopsy tool that surgeons can operate...
- THE WEEK AHEAD. // Design Week;7/1/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p36
Presents events related to product design. Camberwall College of Arts MA Degree Show featuring book arts, drawing, digital arts, conservation and print-making on July 7-10, 2004; Books; Art exhibitions.
- Medical display. // GP: General Practitioner;3/24/2006, p29
This article reports that the Science Museum in London, England, is adding an exhibition of medical objects from around the world to its collection. The priceless exhibits include a 16th-century ivory Indian enema syringe. The exhibition "Living Medical Traditions," joins the museum's permanent...
- INDUSTRYCALENDAR. // HomeCare Magazine;Apr2006, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p58
The article presents a calendar of events in the U.S. in the spring of 2006. The annual convention of the Association for Medical Equipment Services will be held April 18 to 19. A conference on managed healthcare services will be held April 24 to 26. The annual meeting and exhibition of the New...
- 'Upstream' products of future showcased at CompaMed. // Medical Technology & Devices Week;12/3/2007, Vol. 5 Issue 47, p3
The article reports on the exhibition of future medical product developments at the Medica show in Dusseldorf, Germany. Called CompaMed, the exhibition featured materials such as polymers, metals or filters as well as cables, lenses, pumps and plastic housings for future medical devices, and...