- David Newnham reveals the secrets only doctors know. Newnham, David // Nursing Standard;11/17/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p31
Focuses on secrets only doctors know. Acquaintance by the author with Rachel, the physician who revealed to him the secrets; Fee the physicians get for signing a death certificate which is called ash cash; Announcement by Rachel that if people live long enough they would die of toothpaste poisoning.
- QUERY. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;8/17/2004, Vol. 171 Issue 4, p416
Presents a reflection on the author's ineptness as a physician.
- Revalidation -- are we fixing a system that wasn't broken? McKay, A.J. // Surgeon (Edinburgh University Press);Jun2003, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p157
Comments on the move of the government of Great Britain to invite the General Medical Council (GMC) to develop a system that would reassure the public about the fitness to practice of every doctor in the country. Details of the revalidation process; Establishment of a Continuing Professional...
- A Comparative Cost Analysis of Digital Fundus Imaging and Direct Fundus Examination for Assessment of Diabetic Retinopathy. Francisco Gomez-Ulla; Florentina Alonso; Beatriz Aibar; Francisco Gonzalez // Telemedicine & e-Health;Nov2008, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p912
The cost of direct funduscopic examination by an ophthalmologist was compared to the cost of digital nonmydriatic funduscopy with store-and-forward review by an ophthalmologist and indicated referral to an ophthalmologist. In this series, retinopathy was identified in 27% of patients in the...
- Doctors, their mental health and capacity for work. // Occupational Medicine;Jan2009, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p53
Background Information about doctorsâ€™ mental ill-health is limited. This study looks at doctorsâ€™ careers following mental illness and the strategies that helped them return to work. Aim To examine the effect of mental ill-health on doctorsâ€™ careers. Methods Questionnaire...
- Keeping doctors in the profession. // Contemporary OB/GYN;Mar2003, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p26
Reports on the shortage of physicians in the U.S. according to the 2002 "Annual Physician Compensation and Benefits Report" of Martin/Fletcher. Reasons for the shortage; Strategy used by medical facilities to recruit physicians; Percentage increase of physician's compensation from 2000 to 2001.
- There be good and there be bad. Fountain, Barbara // New Zealand Doctor;2/14/2007, p1
The article stresses that doctors have the right to be incompetent occasionally without it totally destroying their career. The author believes that Medical Council chair John Campbell is quite clear in his claim that increasingly doctors will be expected to take action when they see a colleague...
- The advantages and disadvantages of the profession of medicine. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/13/2003, Vol. 327 Issue 7415, p618
Presents an article from 1903 on the advantages and disadvantages of the profession of medicine. The rewards and sacrifices that physicians make.
- An egotistical and dictatorial style. Baron, Jeremy Hugh // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);6/18/2005, Vol. 330 Issue 7505, p1425
Presents a quote about physicians and how many confuse their subject with themselves when writing about certain topics. Way that authors get so involved in their writing.