VeriSign Pitches Ops CALEA, VoIP Aid
- Troubling questions about cable's future. Lafferty // CED;Aug99, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p42
Focuses on the concerns of cable television industry players regarding the future of the broadband industry. Rebuilding of systems as a top priority; Deployment of cable modems; Support for television-based Internet services; Immediate competitive threat to the system.
- TOP 100 MSOS. // CED;Dec2002 Supplement, Vol. 28, p22A
Presents lists of top 100 cable operators. Consolidation in the cable industry; List of firms; Number of homes served.
- ITV MIDDLEWARE REPORT CARD. // CED;Dec2002 Supplement, Vol. 28, p30A
Presents lists of cable television networks product platforms. List of companies; Major application development platform; Operator partners.
- Cable Connections. Rothman, Warren H.; Barker, Jonathan P. // China Business Review;May/Jun99, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p20
Reports that the development of broadband technologies has called into question in China the traditional boundaries that separate voice, video and data transmission services. Estimated total value of China's cable television (CATV) equipment market between 1998 and 2002; Focal points of the...
- Broad-based support for broadband services. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;12/2/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p14
Reports on competency of broadband services in delivering high-speed cable internet access and digital cable television in the U.S. Comparison of broadband technologies with digital video discs; Growth strategies to be adopted by broadband; Other technologies emerging in the U.S.
- Modernizing network power. // CED;Jan2000, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p94
Points out the consequences of the slowdown in cable MSO's work on network powering. Deviation of attention to capturing data and digital video customers; Unpreparedness of broadband plants to carry power sufficient to support cable telephony; Consideration of peak loading; Decentralization,...
- Raging bull? Brown, Roger // CED;Apr2001, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p4
Focuses on the optimism of cable investors and broadband industry despite the economic downturn in the United States. Effects of the business decline to the broadband industry; Expenditure of the industry for the year 2000; Battle for high-speed data customers.
- Cable joins the click. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;12/07/98, Vol. 128 Issue 50, p52
Focuses on the opposing views among cable television operators on what will propel cable broadband-supported interactivity in the United States. Arguments raised by Scott Kurnit, president of the Mining Co.; Issue on the definition of an open platform; Views from Alan Yates, director of the...
- Part 2: What's In the Last Mile? Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;3/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p40
Reports the construction of the last mile of the cable network in the United States. Overview of aerial plant construction; Creation of the blueprint of the network; Importance of the expansion loop in the construction.