Liberty Rides Discovery, QVC Gains
- Liberty meets '04 targets as TV ops buck ad market. Szalai, Georg; Bond, Paul; Anderson, Kathleen // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/11/2005, Vol. 387 Issue 20, p8
This article reports that Liberty Media Corp.'s big television operations, Starz Encore Group LLC, QVC and Discovery Communications Inc., had a strong fourth quarter that allowed them to meet full-year 2004 growth expectations despite a weak advertising market, Liberty president and CEO Robert...
- Liberty Takes a Charge. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/19/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p34
Looks into the issues concerning the declining value of public-securities investments of Liberty Media Corp. in the U.S. Impact of the securities investment on the earnings of Liberty; Increase of cash flow for Discovery Communications Inc.; Growth of cable assets of Liberty.
- LIBERTY SETS A SPINOFF DATE. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;5/10/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 28, p4
Announces the decision of Liberty Media Corp. to spinoff its subsidiary, Discovery Networks Inc. Increase in the earnings of Discovery Networks; Approval of the company's board on the spinoff; Terms of the spinoff.
- Liberty faces snag. Higgins, John // Broadcasting & Cable;8/26/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 35, p10
Reports on the proposal of Liberty Media Corp. to combine its media assets with those of Vivendi company in the U.S. Percentage of ownership of Liberty from the Discovery Communications company; Rights to block the transfer of ownership.
- Liberty Trims DCI Results. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/8/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p35
Reports the decision of the Liberty Media Corp. to reduce the 2001 cash flows results for Discovery Communications Inc. Reasons for the amendment of the annual financial report; Information on the accounting practices used by companies; Effect of the adjustment to the company's net income.
- Liberty's deal maker. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;04/14/97, Vol. 127 Issue 16, p53
Presents an interview with Robert Bennett, president and chief executive officer of Liberty Media Corp. Vision for the company; Liberty's interest in Fox Sports; Possible sale of International Family Entertainment; Partnership with Cablevision; Search for lucrative investment sites.
- A new statute at Liberty. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;04/07/97, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p6
Reports on Peter Barton's resignation as president of Liberty Media Corporation. Robert Bennett's ascendance to Barton's vacated post; Significance of Barton's departure; Statement from Bennett.
- Spirit squad. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/21/2002, Vol. 373 Issue 28, p19
Reports the financial performance of Liberty Media Corp. in New York. Trading value of the corporate stock; Failure of the attempts to acquire European cable operators; Stability of the broad asset portfolio.
- Your Choice chooses to fold. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;08/10/98, Vol. 128 Issue 33, p47
Deals with the decision of Discovery Communications Inc. and Liberty Media Corp. to pull financial support for `Your Choice TV.' Cost in launching the digital-tier television channel; Marketing cost of the channel; Reason for the decision to shut down the channel.