Cable Cash Drives News
- MONITOR. Spangler, Todd; Steinert-Threlked, Tom; Farrell, Mike; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/26/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p16
The article discusses the effort of cable industry for the modification of its television advertising as commmercial interruptions flies over the airwaves in New Orleans, Louisiana. It also presents a forecast on financial performance of the National cable networks. It mentions the Project...
- Citizen Murdoch. Donaton, Scott; Jensen, Jeff // Advertising Age;6/13/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 25, p6
The article focuses on 63-year-old News Corp. chairman Rupert Murdoch. His acquisition of the Big 3 networks' affiliate base and the capture of National Football League rights from CBS Broadcasting Inc. have been perceived as brilliant strategic moves. His image in the media and financial...
- Ad-Sales Recovery Picks Up Steam. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;5/10/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p28
The article reports on the increase in advertising sales revenue as reported by cable television networks in the U.S. Viacom Inc. has reported a 1% increase in its domestic advertising revenue for the first quarter of the year 2010. It is reported that, the main factors behind the News Corp.'s...
- FOR THE RECORD. // Multichannel News;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p177
Reports developments in television broadcasting in the United States as of June 2001. Expansion of program-access laws; Appointment of Bill Brand as Vice-President of reality programming for Lifetime Television; Acquisition of News Corp.'s fox branded and cable networks by Tricon Global...
- Feevees Telepiu, Stream prepare to flow together. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Daily Variety;04/24/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 39, p7
Reports that Vivendi Universal SA and News Corp. are expected to merge their Italian digital pay television platforms Telepiu and Stream. Planned ownership shares.
- Star, Disney pact. Pearson, Bryan // Daily Variety;12/2/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 43, p11
This article reports that Rupert Murdoch's Star has inked a multiyear deal with Walt Disney Television Intl. Asia Pacific to distribute Disney Channel and Toon Disney Channel in India.
- Vivendi U, News talk pay TV deal. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Daily Variety;04/10/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 30, p8
Reports that Vivendi Universal and News Corp. have confirmed that are in talks to merge their pay television platforms, Telepiu and Stream.
- News Corp. revamps star TV India division. Gupta, S.P. // Electronic Media;03/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p23
Reports on News Corp.'s reorganization of its Star TV operations in India. Creation of a direct-to-home (DTH) division; Appointment of R. Basu as executive chairman; Dismissal of several executives; Overview on the financial losses of Star TV.
- Star connects dot-coms. Groves, Don // Variety;05/29/2000, Vol. 379 Issue 2, p63
Offers a look at several strategic alliances formed by News Corporation's Star TV. Amount committed by James Murdoch, co-chairman of Star, to buy stakes in some media companies; Rivals of Star TV; Plans of Star TV for broadband service across Asia; Forecast on cable televisions in India.