Fine Living Takes to the Links
- 'Chappelle's Show' DVD. Estrin, Eric // Television Week;6/20/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p50
Reports on the award given to Comedy Central marketing executives Peter Risafi and Richard Loomis for their promotional and marketing efforts for the television program "Chappelle's Show," on DVD, by Promax&BDA in 2005. Challenge faced by the executives in creating a campaign for the program;...
- WTN doesn't need any viewers. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/24/95, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p21
Discusses the six English-language specialty television channels in Canada. Assertion that these channels were essentially forced on cable subscribers in January 1995 by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission and by the country's cable companies. Showings by the two...
- WE Urges Women to Take a Break. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;1/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p22
Focuses on affiliate marketing and local advertisement sales undertaken for promotion of Women's Entertainment Network. Planned day for starting channel promotion; Affiliates participating in marketing and advertisement sales promotion of the network; Suggested ways for promoting the network;...
- U.S. services target British kids. Amdur, Meredith // Broadcasting & Cable;7/12/93, Vol. 123 Issue 28, p38
Reports on American networks' promotional efforts for Great Britain's children's channels to secure advertising revenue in still-limited market. Launch of the Astra1C satellite; Turner's The Cartoon Network; Viacom's Nickelodeon and Nick at Nite; BSkyB's basic pay tier; Percentage of British...
- Agencies, stations debate indie discrimination. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;1/30/95, Vol. 125 Issue 5, p27
Discusses the discrimination problems faced by the independent television stations from advertisers and agencies on a debate at an INTV panel session. Comments of station executives on the panel; Other problems being faced by the stations.
- TV Guide Drives Digital Penetration. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;1/14/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p14
Reports the marketing campaign of the TV Guide Channel in the cable television industry in the U.S. Importance of the campaign on digital penetration; Move of the cable network in improving affiliate revenues; Visibility of the campaign on major cable networks.
- Awash in a Sea of Niches. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;12/04/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 47, p20
Reports on the challenge posed by the growing niche networks for the United States cable television industry. Changes in the industry's environment; Brand the TNN network is developing; Television programs the FX network has acquired.
- Cable expands its horizons. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;7/26/93, Vol. 123 Issue 30, p26
Reports on the move of cable programmers to expand their reach overseas. Plans for a European launch of The Travel Channel; Rumored plans for launch of several Nickelodeon series abroad; Composition of the planned European network for The Travel Channel.
- Has the Channel 5 marketing strategy lost its momentum? Reid, Alasdair // Campaign (UK);08/01/97, Issue 31, p18
Focuses on the marketing strategy used by Channel 5, television network. Reference to poaching David Brook, a marketing director; Penetration of Channel 5 in defence of its choice of independent television; Comments from Nick Theakstone, head of broadcast at the Media Centre.