PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- NAMIC Praises, Prods Cable on Minority Hiring. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/22/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p5
The article reports on the 22nd National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications Conference and the Walter Kaitz Foundation fundraising dinner held in New York on September 14-16, 2008. According to the author, the fundraising dinner collected more than $1.7 million. Both events, the...
- Last Kaitz Play on Broadway Raises $1.7 Million for Diversity. // Multichannel News;9/22/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p8
The article reports on the 25th annual Walter Kaitz Foundation fundraising dinner held in New York. According to the author, the event raised more than $1.7 million for various cable industry programs that promote diversity. The event was hosted by celebrity chef Ingrid Hoffman and was...
- Time to Diversify the Picture. // Multichannel News;9/10/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 35, p31
The article reflects on the need for cable television networks to do more to ensure on-screen images adequately reflect the diversity of their multicultural viewers.
- Moguls on Moguls. // CableFAX Daily;4/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 63, p1
Highlights the SkiTAM event of the cable industry that was held in March 2006 in Vail, Colorado. Number of guests who attended the event; Purpose of the fundraising event; Awards won by Turner and Comcast Networks.
- And a little child shall lead them. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/27/97, Vol. 127 Issue 44, p93
Editorial. Comments on the fund raising event sponsored by Nickelodeon cable television network to help poor children in the United States.
- Showdown in Chi-Town? Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;5/5/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p44
Focuses on an annual fundraising event held by the Cable television operators in New York in the year 2003. Attendees at the Multichannel News' third annual Wonder Women lunch; Organizations that hosted the event.
- Cable Positive. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p45
Reports the finances and operations of Cable Positive group in the U.S. Amount generated from fundraising; Endowment to public education; Donations to local AIDS service organizations.
- Children's group to help Nickelodeon collect toys. // New York Amsterdam News;11/23/96, Vol. 87 Issue 47, p32
Reports that ten members of Girls Incorporated of Stamford will aid the needy on November 23rd, 1996, by collecting toys and clothes for a New York community agency as part of their participation in Nickelodeon's Big Help Day, 1996. Ages of the children; Information on the television network,...
- CableCares L.A. Donated $225K. // Multichannel News;6/21/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p48
The article reports that CableCares has raised more than 225,000 dollars in charitable donations during the Cable Show of the cable industry in Los Angeles, California on May 11-13, 2010.