Fox Moves Up College Kickoff
- TVKO Starts Slowly With 2001 Fight Slate. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;01/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p22
Reports on developments related to pay-per-view (PPV) broadcast of boxing in the United States as of January 29, 2001. PPV operator TVKO's plan to distribute the April 7, 2001, bout between Prince Naseem Hamed and Marco Antonio Barerra; Boxer Oscar De La Hoya's termination of his contract with...
- Hopkins Welcomes HBO PPV. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/8/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p2
Reports the successful opening of Home Box Office Pay Per View (PPV) via the fight of boxer Felix Trinidad Bernard Hopkins. Delay of the fight; Pursuit for PPV events in lighter weight classes for 2002; Significance of the event.
- PPV rematch falls short. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;11/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p4
Reports on the sales performance of pay-per-view (PVV) television company TVKO's broadcast of the November 13, 1999, boxing bout between Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis. Decrease in number of viewers compared to the boxers' March 1999 bout; Background on the PPV market's financial...
- TVKO's Next Pitch: Vargas-Trinidad. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p132
Focuses on the plans of pay-per-view operator TVKO for the Fernando Vargas-Felix Trinidad boxing match on December 2, 2000. Benefits to be derived from the multimedia promotional campaign; Advertising plans.
- Late Breaking News. // Cable World (10427228);8/25/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p5
Presents updates on cable television industry in the U.S. as of August 25, 2003. Resignation of Kim Kelly at Insight Communications; Findings of a survey of direct broadcast satellite (DBS) subscription; Information on a promotion of TBS cable network for its television coverage of college...
- Payboxes tripped by soccer. Boehm, Erich // Variety;4/8/2002, Vol. 386 Issue 8, p7
Looks at the problems facing the relationship between pay television and soccer in Europe. Value of ITV Digital's debt on its contract with Great Britain's Football League; Amount of losses incurred by Italy's Stream and Telepiu from soccer; Factors attributed to the problems.
- Suitors circling Irish sports cabler. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;2/12/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 27, p22
The article reports that Ireland-based sports pay television broadcaster Setanta Sports is being targeted for acquisition by bidders from Great Britain and the U.S. Setanta built its business by offering coverage of sports events for expatriates and by launching live British coverage of English...
- What else fits on PPV? Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;11/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p8
Reports on plans by United States networks to broaden the pay-per-view (PPV) category to include other genres. Strong PPV performances in boxing and wrestling in 1999; Exploration of other PPV events by Showtime and Time Warner Sports, the PPV arm of HHO.
- The Sports Network Now For Library Patrons. // Information Today;Jun1995, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p18
The article reports that the Sports Network, a cable television network has announced at the National Online Meeting in New York that the real-time sports wire would furnish its service at no charge to any library for use by anyone utilizing their facility. According to Mickey Charles, president...