Lakes Opts For '05 'Academy'
- Nobody Asked Me, But... Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p64
Presents the highlights of the 2005 Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing Summit in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Description of the video montage done by Wieden & Kennedy for ESPN; Layout of the demonstration area; Overview of the topics discussed at the summit.
- Three Programmers Shed Western Booths. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;09/25/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p8
Reports the non-participation of several television networks in the Western Show, a cable trade show in the United States. Reasons for the non-participation; Complaint on the frequency of trade shows; Interest to participate in trade shows outside the wired-cable industry.
- The Nation's Leading Ad Category Comes Together in San Diego. Haire, Thomas // Response;May2008, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the May 2008 issue of the journal "Response," including one about the Response Expo that will be held from May 6-8, 2008 at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, California and another on the growing demand for general cable television in...
- A Reader's Guide to the Cable Show. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;6/13/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p91
The article offers information on the Cable Show to be held in Chicago, Illinois which will feature new technologies within the cable television sector.
- Cable TV Pioneers inducts Class of '09. // CED;Apr2009, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p8
The article lists the Cable TV Pioneers' Class of 2009 which includes William Beaty Jr. from Comporium Communications, Michael W. Drake from Milestone Communications, and Tom Feige from Time Warner Cable.
- EURO CABLERS, SATCHOS FORGE TIES FOR NEW ORG. Jambs, Alison // Daily Variety;10/10/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 28, p4
Reports on the organization of an association of cable and satellite channels in Europe. Conflict with local cable operators on issues on distribution charge; Accessibility of cable networks.
- The Problem with Cable Programming. Polka, Matthew M. // Multichannel News;8/6/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p53
Discusses the problems faced by the cable television industry in the United States. Rate of increases for cable programming; Effect of mergers on consumer cable prices; Initiatives taken by the American Cable Association to address the harm caused by retransmission-consent-tying agreements.
- Wait 'til next year, WCA says. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;06/30/97, Vol. 127 Issue 27, p70
Reports on the Wireless Cable Association's (WCA) pledge to revive the cable television industry. Downfall of the industry as cable stock prices decline and investors shift to other fields; Mixed comments from industry executives; Reliance on technology to boost subscription.
- We Can't Really Call Cable A 'Dinosaur' Anymore. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;4/8/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p27
The article discusses the 2013 over-the-top (OTT) trade show of cable table companies that was held in San Jose, California.