Lamb Turns Page on 'Booknotes'
- Cable TV's Soapbox Turns 25. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;10/10/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 41, p22
Focuses on the call-in shows of cable television network C-SPAN in the U.S. Celebration of 25 years on the air by call-in programs in October 2005 with a marathon 25-hour call-in show; Reason behind the foundation of the network by Brian Lamb; Excerpts from a contest C-SPAN ran for its viewers....
- C-SPAN expands book coverage; BookNet now set for '97. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;5/13/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 20, p18
Remarks that the popularity of C-SPAN's weekly `Book Notes' program has stimulated the introduction of another book program on the public affairs cable channel, called `About Books.' The promise of the new show to greatly expand coverage of books and the publishing industry; Details about the...
- Lifetime adds threesome for fall. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p22
Informs about the launching of various television programs sponsored by Lifetime Television on different issues. Airing of `Late Date with Sari,' from October 16, 1995; `Handmade by Design,' from September 11, 1995; `All About You,' from October 1995; More.
- Sports highlight FX remake. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p53
Focuses on the restructuring of FX cable network by Fox, which will include the broadcasting of sporting events. Sports properties which will be joining the network; FX's programming; Views of Rich Ross, FX's programmer; FX's non-sports-oriented original shows; Names of game shows; Names of...
- TNT Floats New Deal Points. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p2
Reports on the condition of programs of Turner Network Television under the rate-card agreement of the company to cable operators. Programs subjected to blackout; Number of regular-season games to be aired; Acquisition of first-run television rights of the movie 'Lord of the Rings.'
- 'Dead Zone' Enlivens Cable's Viewership. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p8
Reports the condition of the television program 'The Dead Zone' on the viewership of USA Network. Improvement on the average household rating; Impressions on the performance of the broadcasters; Continuance in the patronage of the program at unprecedented levels.
- That's the way they became the cable bunch. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;06/29/98, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p24
Presents information on the demand from cable television networks for old television programs. Reference to `The Brady Bunch,' and `The Mary Tyler Moore Show,' television programs; Details on the performance of the Nick at Nite cable television network; Comments from Diane Robinson, vice...
- CNN long on long-form. Petrozzello, Donne // Broadcasting & Cable;01/12/98, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p99
Focuses on the plans of Cable News Network to broadcast more long-form news programming. Time network will air documentaries; Debut of `Newsnight,' on January 12, 1998; Indepth look at network's plans.
- FX hopes it's found a favorite `Son'. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p4
Reports the launch of `Son of the Beach' television program of FX in the United States. Schedule of program airing; Budget of the network on programming for the year 2000; Television programs launched in the network; Program producer; Cost per-episode of the program; Expectations of FX...