CSTV Adds $37M in Capital
- Pricier movies, minis in works at Showtime. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;9/10/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the cutback in the number of original movies by Showtime from 35 to 24 a year in the United States. Plans to allocate larger budget percentage to original series and expensive movies and miniseries; Variation in the network's license fee on the movies.
- Turning 10, NY1 Gets $30M New Home. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;1/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p3
Reports the relocation of headquarters by New York 1 News television Network in the United States. Schedule for the relocation; Value of the headquarters; Celebration of the tenth year anniversary of the network.
- After the boys of summer have gone. D.T. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/17/97, Vol. 127 Issue 11, p129
Profiles Brian T. Bedol, chief executive officer of Classic Sports Network. Career and educational background; Working relationship with Steve Greenberg; Background information on the company's operations.
- Will Stocks of Cable Ever Be Stable? Robichaux, Mark // Multichannel News;8/25/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p32
The author reflects on the implications of the instability of cable stocks for cable operators in the U.S. He mentions that in 2007, stocks had a 28% decline, an increase by 40% in 2006 and down 10% in 2005 and 8% decrease in 2004. He explains that the up-and-down stock price would give cable...
- Students learn to shop at the market. Argy, Stephanie // Variety;04/26/99, Vol. 374 Issue 10, p41
Focuses on the CNBC cable television network's `Student Stock Tournament,' a semester-long initiative aimed to helping student learn about investing in the United States and Canada. Practice of teamwork in the competition; Goals of the competition; Number of participants during the event's 1997...
- Clear picture. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;9/28/2001, p14
Focuses on stability of the market share of M-Net/SuperSport (MNS) in Johannesburg, South Africa. Price valuation of MNS at the Johannesburg Stock Exchange; Details on the potential risk faced by the company; Problems accompanying the renewal of M-Net licence.
- TV ASAHI TO LIST STOCK. Herskovitz, Jon // Daily Variety;08/30/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 62, p9
Reports that Japanese network TV Asahi will list its shares on the Tokyo Stock Exchange starting October 3, 2000.
- Classic sports: Cable underdog. Gunther, Marc // Fortune;10/28/1996, Vol. 134 Issue 8, p29
Highlights the new cable channel called Classic Sports Network that promises sports oldies. Founders, Brian Bedol and Stephen Greenberg; Competition that Classic Sports Network faces from other networks being launched by ESPN, CNN/Si and others; Other niche channels; Belief by the owners that...
- LOSERS. // Multichannel News;6/13/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p89
The article assesses the investment of cable television networks and distributors including the London 2012 Olympic bid of ESPN/ABC, Fox Sports' acquisition of college sports assets, and on how U.S. distributors will be ponying up for the game's carriage.