- Pax TV households fall hard in latest Nielsen data. Freeman, Michael // MediaWeek;09/28/98, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p6
Provides information on the ratings performance of startup cable television network PAX TV by Nielsen Media Research. Average rating for the week of September 14-20, 1998; Range of market share.
- Measure for measure. Sharkey, Betsy // MediaWeek;3/11/96, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p14
Reports on the inclusion of Network One in Nielsen Media Research's television audience measurement ratings for the first time since it was launched in December 1993. Projected increase in market penetration of Network One in 1996 as a result of affiliate agreements; Cooperation between Network...
- CNN declared winner, with Fox news second. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;03/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p3
Reports that Cable News Network has received the highest ratings from Nielsen Media Research Inc. Percentage of increase in the network's average ratings; Networks' coverage of the United States elections; Number of households covered by the survey.
- Ratings. // CableFAX Daily;12/20/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 245, p2
The article offers news briefs on the cable television sector in the U.S. as of December 20, 2005. Univision decided to join the national television ratings service of Nielsen. The rating of the network VH1 increased by 33 percent in 2005.
- Ratings:. // CableFAX Daily;5/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 102, p2
Presents updates on the ratings of cable television networks in the U.S. Household rating of SportsNet NY for its baseball telecast in May 2006; Increase in the overall ratings of the second round of the National Basketball Association playoff coverage of TNT in 2006.
- Cable TV. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;10/12/98, Vol. 8 Issue 38, p16
Presents news items about cable television in the United States, for the week of October 12, 1998. Ratings hikes for Fox Sports Net, FX, and ESPN in their coverage of Major League Baseball in the 1998 season; Increase in prime-time ratings of basic cable during the first two weeks of the new...
- Lifetime pops cork: top cabler for quarter. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;04/04/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 26, p17
Reports on the ratings performance of cable television networks in the United States as of April 4, 2001. Ratings numbers of cable network Lifetime; Improvement in ratings performance of cable network TNN.
- Lifetime's quiet threepeat. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;10/8/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 42, p22
Focuses on the ratings of Lifetime Television in the United States. Average rating in prime time for the third quarter; Sunday-night dramas and original movies produced high ratings; Effects of the September 11 attack on the ratings.
- CNN loses its way. // Electronic Media;2/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p26
Evaluates the decline of Cable News Network television ratings. Requisites in television broadcasting; Comment of other broadcasting companies on the issue; Technique of getting better news stars.