No, Not a Fiber Ring. It's a Class Ring
- Carriage. // CableFAX Daily;10/28/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 210, p1
The article offers news briefs on cable television in the U.S. as of October 2005. Charter will now carry the RSN Mid-Atlantic Sports Network in Washington, DC. Meanwhile, Insight has reached an agreement to carry ESPNU on its digital cable tier. Superstation WGN has been added to the FiOS TV...
- SLOW and STEADY. Grotticelli, Michael; Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;7/9/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 29, p32
Focuses on the optimism of cable operators in the United States on launching interactive television efforts. Insight Communications' deployment of Diva-based video-on-demand service; Charter Communications' installation of set-top boxes to bring interactive services. INSETS: ITV: How we...
- CABLE Briefs. // Television Week;8/25/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p14
Presents an update on the cable television industry as of August 25, 2003. Viewership rating posted by Cable News Network for its blackout coverage on August 14, 2003; Credit ratings given by Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's on Charter Communications Inc.; Expansion made by...
- A Tale of Four Calls. Gibbon, Kent // Multichannel News;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p40
Focuses on the telephone conversation of the author with executives of four major multisystem operators in the U.S. Views expressed by executives of Comcast Corp. and Cox Communications Inc.; Comments of executives of Insight Inc. and Charter Communications Inc.
- Adding Speed, With Ease. Arlen, Gary // Multichannel News;7/18/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p68
Reports on the measures taken by cable firms to upgrade their broadband speed. Steps in upgrading speed adopted by Charter Communications Inc.; Exploration of the upper speed limits by Cablevision Systems Corp.; Challenge related to speed faced by Insight Communications Co.
- Good Things Come First. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/12/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p1
The article focuses on the financial performance of U.S.-based multisystem operator (MSO) in the first quarter of 2003. Comcast Corp.'s revenue rose 10% in the quarter, to $5.2 billion, and cash flow was up 22% to $1.6 billion. Of the four major MSO that reported earnings, Charter Communications...
- Charter Inks Pact With Va. Town. // Multichannel News;08/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p18
Reports on the agreement of Charter Communications Inc. with the city council to maintain its cable television franchise in Suffolk, Virginia.
- Charter offers customer perks, system upgrades. Shepherd, Shawn // Business Press;04/16/99, Vol. 11 Issue 50, p3
Reports on steps taken by Charter Communications Inc. to repair the damage to its corporate image done by its much-maligned Marcus Cable operation in Texas. Charter's goal to be recognized as an excellent provider of customer service and high-technology communications; Launch of an external...
- Charter: We're Growing Nicely. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;02/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p2
Reports on United States-based cable television company Charter Communications Inc.'s financial performance for the fourth quarter of the year 2000. Increase in operating cash flow; Increase in number of subscribers; Factors affecting the company's financial performance.