This Just In
- Making room for new services. Lopez // CED;Sep99 Supplement, Vol. 25, p28
Discusses how two United States-based cable operators upgraded their facilities to make room for new services. Blue Ridge Co.'s expansion of its data services; Armstrong Cable's conversion of its network to two-way operation; Expansion of the system bandwidth.
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- Curtain rises for Ovation. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on `Ovation,' an arts cable network that was launched on April 21, 1996. Projection on subscribers by mid-1999; Statistics on subscribers that the network was launched with; Network's financing; Ovation's programming schedule.
- Look & learn as home, lifestyle channels show the way. Menichini, Mike // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p22
Focuses on cable television networks that offer lifestyle improvement programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. HGTV; Food Network; Discovery Home and Leisure; Style; Do It Yourself.
- New channels, shows target growing market. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p23
Features cable television networks that offer Hispanic programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. Video Rola; HBO Latino; Galavision; GEMS Television; IMas! Arizona; Launch dates; Number of subscribers.
- Wellness nets showing strong vital signs. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p25
Features cable television networks that offer health programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. Discovery Health; WebMD TV; Launch dates; Number of subscribers.
- Untitled. // Education Week;9/29/93, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p29
Reports on the development by Booknet of a cable-television channel devoted solely to books. Programming; Functions of an independent editorial board for the channel; Contact information.
- SWS TV show now on Outdoor Life Network! // Salt Water Sportsman;Mar99, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p50
Reports on the Outdoor Life Network cable channel in the United States.
- NUE, MBC Unveil Deals. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p23
Reports that United States-based cable networks Major Broadcasting Cable Network and New Urban Entertainment announced programming and distribution deals during the 2000 Western Show. Company background.