Boylan-SEC Deal Cost $600K
- Boylan Settle With SEC. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;7/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p2
Reports that Peter Boylan, former co-president of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc., has reached a tentative settlement with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regarding a securities fraud charge filed against him. Accusations against Boylan; Amount that Gemstar will pay in...
- SEC targets ex-Gemstar trio. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/6/2004, Vol. 381 Issue 50, p3
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) said that it has filed a lawsuit charging three additional former senior executives of interactive program guide firm Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. with securities fraud, including former co-president Peter Boylan and another manager, both...
- Boylan's Departure Adds To Gemstar's Headaches. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);3/25/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p34
Reveals the factors that helped drive down the stock of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. during the third week of March 2002. Comments about Peter Boylan, who resigned as co-president; Segment where the company is expecting a revenue decline in 2002; Net loss posted by Gemstar during the...
- Peter Boylan III. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;04/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p14
Profiles Peter Boylan III, co-president, co-chief operating officer and member of the Office of the Chief Executive Officer at GemstarTV Guide International. Positions held in the company; Experience in the cable television industry; Some insights into the company's product development activities.
- Gemstar slowly settling lawsuits. LaPorte, Nicole // Daily Variety;6/26/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 57, p5
Discusses the settlement of lawsuits by Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. in the U.S. Dismissal of chief executive officer Henry Yuen; Attempt of Gemstar to back out from a deal with Diva Systems.
- Motorola settles Gemstar dispute. Randall, Laura // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/17/2000, Vol. 365 Issue 13, p71
Reports that Motorola Inc. has agreed to settle with Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. Motorola's licensing agreement for Gemstar's interactive program-guide technology; Terms under the settlement agreement; Benefits of the news about the settlement on Gemstar's share price.
- Boylan exits Gemstar-TV Guide. Szalai, Georg; Hiestand, Jesse // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/19/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 33, p3
Reports the announcement on the resignation of Peter Boylan III as co-president and co-chief operating officer of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. in the U.S. Schedule of the effectivity of the resignation; Contributions of Boylan on the company; Reasons behind the resignation of Boylan.
- Boylan May Land At Liberty Media. // Multichannel News;3/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p43
Reports the resignation of Peter Boylan from Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. based in the U.S.
- Gemstar's Boylan: High on T-Commerce. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;7/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p28
Interviews Peter Boylan, chief operating officer of United States-based Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. Task of striking long-term deals with multiple system operators for the guide; Competition from TVGateway consortium; News Corp.'s expansion of its stake in Gemstar-TV Guide International...