Truce Brings Mets Back
- CNN/SI joins the sports war. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;11/18/96, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p2
Announces that by December 12, 1996, America will have two 24-hour sports news television networks, when Time Warner launches CNN/SI, a joint project of CNN cable television network and `Sports Illustrated,' magazine. Establishment and development of the sports news television network;...
- Four Screens on Five-Ring Event. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p35
The article focuses on the Oceanic Cable system developed by Time Warner for the winter games. The remarks of executive Joan Gillman on the multiscreen feature are presented. The plan to offer the Mosaic feature in news, sports and children's genres is addressed. Information about the Compass...
- Networks Fight to Stay at the Table. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;4/3/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p8
Focuses on the dispute among cable television networks resulting from the decision of Time Warner Cable to drop or reposition some networks at a number of its systems across the U.S. as part of its periodic review of channels. Plans of Time Warner for GSN and The Outdoor Channel; Reduction in...
- TNT Readies NBA Marketing Campaign. // Multichannel News;9/27/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p50
This article reports the cable television network Turner Network Television (TNT) will tip off a cross-platform marketing campaign for its coverage of the 2004-05 National Basketball Association (NBA) season early next month. TNT said the commercials will begin running nationally the week of...
- Technology for sports: Enhancing the viewing experience. Hashmi, Yasmin; Plumbridge, Stella // World Broadcast Engineering;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p26
Reports the expansion of sports coverage by Sky Sports cable television network. Events covered by the network; Enhancement of TV programs through technological developments; Development of applications enabling the download of programs into the Sky Digital IRD.
- Will the revolution be televised? Goth, Greg // Soccer Digest;Nov99, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p50
Focuses on the deal signed in June 1999 between the American Youth Soccer Organization and Fox Sports World and FSW-Espanol, the Fox empire's showcases for topnotch soccer worldwide. Impact of the 1999 Women's World Cup and the grassroots soccer effort in the United States; Major provisions of...
- Tale of the tape. Russell, Geoff // Golf World;08/18/2000, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p2
Focuses on the reaction of golfers to the failure of `The Golf Channel' to broadcast live coverage of the 2000 Buick Open tournament.
- The big picture. Arkush, Michael // Golf World;01/14/2000, Vol. 53 Issue 24, p6
Details the changes implemented by the Golf Channel and ABC network.
- The Senior PGA Tour--up a point in mild trading. Russell, Geoff // Golf World;04/14/2000, Vol. 53 Issue 37, p6
Reports on the proposal of the CNBC business network to air the Senior PGA Tour.