County Officials Want Maryland to Back Off Sanitary Commission
- What Cities Are the Safest in 2015? // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2015, p17
The article focuses on the report titled "The Safe Cities Index 2015: Assessing Urban Security in the Digital Age" that ranks the safest cities worldwide. The ranking is based on four main categories including health and digital security and personal safety. Tokyo, Japan and Singapore secured...
- Waste landscapes: permissible metaphors in landscape architecture Engler, Mira // Landscape Journal;Spring1995, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p10
No abstract available.
- Does Current Reform Eliminate the City Manager in Large Cities? Murray, Sylvester // PA Times;Nov2000, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p4
Comments on the impact of reforms towards the council manager reform of government on the job of city managers in the United States. Need to make the position more relevant with the new reform; Strategies recommended to boost the relevance of city managers in the reformed government environment.
- Crisis in our urban and historic parks Keyser, Joseph M. // American Forests;Mar/Apr1988, Vol. 94 Issue 3/4, p61
No abstract available.
- City of Hampton: A public deployment of corporate tactics. Anfuso, Dawn // Personnel Journal;Jan95, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p70
Focuses on human resource management strategies in the city of Hampton, Virginia. Selection as recipient of `Personnel Journal' magazine's 1995 Optimas Awards; Success of the city government's reengineering efforts; Transition of employee base into self-directed work teams; Revamp of...
- Calif.'s carrot. // Waste News;03/13/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 43, p8
Reports the effort of the waste management board in California to get all the cities in the state divert half of their trash to landfills.
- Monument Circle is all about traffic. Rowland, Eric // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/14/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p11
The article presents the author's views on the efforts of the government of Monument Circe, a city in Indianapolis, Indiana, to increase the number of city visitors and businesses through traffic closures.
- WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT YOUR MANAGEMENT JOB? // Public Management (00333611);Oct2012, Vol. 94 Issue 9, p4
The article presents question and answers related to county/city management jobs in the U.S.
- Stock and Flow. Cohen, Michael A. // Brookings Review;Fall98, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p37
Highlights the advantages of proper operation and maintenance of facilities that already exist in managing cities. Value of existing infrastructure stock in the cities of developing countries as estimated by the World Bank; Focus of managing the physical well-being of a city; Economic and...