The Bond Buyer Legislative Status Report
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;6/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31900, p28
Reports on the status of United States legislative bills related to the economy. President George W. Bush's tax cut and economic stimulus plan; American Jobs Creation Act of 2003 and Jumpstart Our Business Act; Bond Financing Renewal Act of 2003; Modification of Qualified Small-Issue Bond...
- Protecting local economy from fallout of Ft. Monmouth closure. Lesniak, Raymond; Beck, Jennifer // njbiz;2/8/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p14
The article reports on the introduction of a bill that would create jobs for residents of the Fort Monmouth area in New Jersey.
- Another Missed Opportunity. BYBEE, ROGER // Progressive Populist;11/1/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p16
In this article the author comments on the defeat of the legislative bill Create Jobs in America and End Offshoring Act in the U.S. Senate on September 28, 2010 and looks at the implication of the defeat to Democratic voters.
- Pulling Defeat Out of Victory. Kattenburg, Kathy // Moderate Voice;2/12/2010, p12
The article focuses on the unsettled issue of the jobs bill in the U.S. It notes that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has supported the bill but eventually reversed his confirmation when he learned that the bill would damage Democratic officeholders. It mentions that the problem on rectifying...
- More hope for jobs bill. // Public Works;Jan2010, Vol. 141 Issue 1, p15
The article offers information on the "Jobs for Main Street" bill, which aims to turn back the authorization levels of the U.S. to 42 billion dollars by the end of 2010 and is subjected for the approval of the U.S Senate.
- Communities of color suffering in midst of recession. Lee, Barbara // Hill;3/9/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p25
The article presents the author's perspectives on the need for the U.S. government to assure that any legislation passed in the Congress creates jobs for minorities to attain a full economic recovery in 2011.
- THE URBAN AGENDA. Jones, David R. // New York Amsterdam News;3/4/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 10, p5
The article presents information on the Jobs Bill passed by the U.S. Senate.
- Dueling Over Corporate Tax Shelters. BARLAS, STEPHEN // Strategic Finance;Aug2004, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p18
The article presents several news briefs regarding government initiatives relative to finance. The article discusses the difference between the U.S. House FSC/ETI replacement bill and that passed by the U.S. Senate; the difference lies in the $85 billion saved through the elimination of tax...
- Arkansas Eyes $1.3B For Highways. // Bond Buyer;3/24/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32097, p1
The article reports that Arkansas lawmakers will weigh in for the first time in March 2005 on proposed legislation that would allow the state highway department to issue up to $985 million of revenue bonds to finance the majority of a $1.3 billion road improvement program. According to the bill,...