Advest Hires Southeast Public Finance Director
- Three Bankers Leave Ad\est; Two of Them Go to Loop. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32051, p6
Reports on the resignation of three public bankers employed at Advest Inc. in Florida. Continuation of expanding the public finance effort; Recruitment of a public finance banker in Tampa; Consideration of the three bankers as a normal attrition that coincidentally happened in one week.
- Southern governors flirt with idea of tobacco securitization. Albanese, Elizabeth; McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;12/30/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30798, p44
Focuses on Southern States governors' plans for their tobacco settlements. South Carolina and Alabama Governors' interest in debt securitization; Means to capture a lump-sum payment from tobacco companies; Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's plan to spend the settlement without securitization.
- Southeast bond-watch. McEntee, Christopher; McKenna, Jon; Molis, Jim; Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/29/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30510, p31
Presents news briefs related to public finance and bonds in the Southeast, as of October 29, 1998. Includes Florida's share of federal aid for fiscal 1997; Parks and recreation projects planned in Macon-Bibb County, Georgia; Louisiana Governor Mike Foster's support for a referendum to...
- State Budget Woes Hit Schools in Deep South. Sandham, Jessica L. // Education Week;02/14/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p20
Reports on the impact of state budget cuts to education in the Southern States of Alabama and Mississippi. Cuts in state school spending; Budget reductions by school districts.
- Advest's Mid-Atlantic picks: Hubco, Interchange Financial, Astoria Savings, Poughkeepsie. Atkinson, Bill // American Banker;7/11/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 131, p14
Reports on Hartford, Connecticut-based regional brokerage firm Advest Inc.'s preferred community banks and thrifts in the Mid-Atlantic region based on shares. Buy ratings for Interchange Financial Services Corp. and Astoria Financial Corp.; Recommendation of shares of Hubco Inc. and...
- State Treasurers looking to fund education, highways with bundle of deals. Molis, Jim; Cohen, Jodi B. // Bond Buyer;02/13/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30331, p38
Discloses that five Southeastern states have proposed issuing more than $4 billion of debt within 1998. Mississippi's $500 million road bond program; Need for states to invest in their schools and roads to ensure continued growth; Alabama Governor Fob James Jr.'s request for $1 billion of...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;08/24/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30961, p29
Presents news briefs pertaining to public finance and municipal bonds in the Southern States as of August 24, 2000. Federal investigation into former Miami, Florida city manager Donald Warshaw's involvement in a children's charity; Wake County officials' launch of an awareness campaign to...
- Southeast Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;
Presents news briefs pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance in the Southeastern States as of April 19, 2001. Positive rating for the Reedy Creek Improvement District's ad valorem tax refunding bonds; State Increase in revenue collections in Virginia for the first three quarters of...
- Southeast bond-watch. Reisman, Michael; Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;08/19/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30708, p25
Presents news briefs related to bond trading in the Southeast, as of August 19, 1999. Port of Palm Beach District, Florida's plans to sell revenue bonds to finance construction of a cruise terminal; Hardin County, Kentucky, School District's plans to issue bonds to build a new high school; East...