Maryland Court Affirms Dismissal of Bond Counsel Case
- Judges in BNY Case Focus on Trustee Duties, Bond Documents. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/12/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31882, p5
Reports that the judges in a case involving bank trustees were questioned whether bond counsel can be sued for failing to file financing statements when the bond documents assign the responsibilities to the borrower in the U.S. Stance being taken by Piper Rudnick LLP; Lawsuit filed by the Bank...
- DLA Piper brings vulture fund down to earth with Zambian debt reduction. Goswami, Nina // Lawyer;4/30/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p8
The article reports on the reduction of vulture fund payments to DLA Piper from the Zambian government. The high court ruled that the claim should be limited to $15.5 million instead of $55 million. The U.S. company Donegal International has purchased some Zambian debt from Romania, and pursued...
- Double Trouble For Argentina's Debt Deal. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/29/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 32, p7
Reports on the decision of the Argentine government to postpone its debt restructuring offer as of November 29, 2004. Complaints of Bank of New York against the proposed launch date of the debt restructuring; Reason for postponing the debt restructuring; Role of bondholders in Argentina, Italy...
- TERM SHEETS. // Bank Loan Report;12/17/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 48, pN.PAG
The article provides information on term loan lenders of various business enterprises. Amcast Industrial Corp. which manufactures custom fabricated copper and aluminum tubing parts have lenders including Bank of New York and Bank One Indiana. Stanadyne Automotive Corp. have Eaton Vance Corp. and...
- Piper Rudnick faces $9m damages claim. Hobbs, Kathryn // Lawyer;7/1/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p9
Provides information on a lawsuit filed against U.S.-based law firm Piper Rudnick by the bondholders of Greater Southeast Community Healthcare Systems. Allegations against the defendant; Amount of damages obtained by the bondholders; Arguments of the law firm against the accusations.
- MATURING GOLDMAN LOAN UNDER SCRUTINY. // Estates Gazette;11/6/2010, Issue 1044, p41
The article reports on the crucial meeting of creditors to a loan from the Whitehall Street fund management arm of Goldman Sachs that was held in Great Britain in November 2010, wherein the bondholders considered options if the 107 million British pound loan that was secured on a portfolio of...
- DLA Piper Adds Leading Securities Attorney. Marino, Jonathan // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;2/9/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p1
The article announces the appointment of Timothy Hoeffner as a partner at law firm DLA Piper.
- DLA prepares for Seoul launch. Swift, James // Lawyer (Online Edition);9/18/2012, p7
The article reports on the move of DLA Piper to open an office on Seoul, Korea.
- DLA Piper's Asia leadership question. // Lawyer (Online Edition);2/19/2014, p17
The article provides an answer to a question of the management structure related to law firm, DLA Piper.