Fitch Withdraws Rating From ACA
- ACA Spreads Widen as Insurer Continues Seeking Capital. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;7/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31930, p1
Reports on U.S. insurer ACA Financial Guaranty Corp.'s efforts to raise capital as spreads on bonds it insured widened since Fitch Ratings Inc. issued a ratings downgrade in May 2004. Reasons behind the downgrade; Equity capital contributed by ACA's existing investors; Financial woes encountered...
- ACA Asks Fitch to Withdraw Insurer Rating After Downgrade. Walker, Susanne; Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/12/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31882, p1
Reports that ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. asked Fitch Ratings Inc. to withdraw its rating on the insurer after the agency downgraded its financial-strength rating in New York City. Decision of Fitch to change the status of ACA's ratings; Response of the insurer to the action of Fitch; Request...
- ACA Conference Call to Address S&P Action. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;01/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31051, p5
Reports on ACA Financial Guaranty Corp.'s plans to hold a conference on January 5, 2001, to address Standard & Poor's decision to place the insurance firm on CreditWatch because the bond insurer failed to raise additional capital.
- One leaves, two rise, and three join ACA Financial. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/06/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30613, p25
Reports that ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. has promoted two veteran executives to its underwriting department and added three underwriters. Reasons for the changes in the executives of the company; Strength of the underwriting department of the company.
- Credits on the fringe benefit bond insurer. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;04/26/99, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p44
Features ACA Financial Guaranty Corp., a New York, New York-based provider of municipal bond insurance. Information on the portfolio of ACA; Premium range; Advantages of the A rating of ACA.
- 2008 How The Market Changed. // Bond Buyer;12/31/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33032, p15
The article presents several events that happened in 2008 related to the municipal bond market in the U.S. Fitch Ratings Ltd. has downgraded the ratings of Ambac Assurance Corp. from AAA to AA on January 18. The omnibus bill was signed on July 30 which increases the budget for private-activity...
- Fitch Threatens ACA Financial Guaranty With Downgrade. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;01/25/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31064, p7
Reports on Fitch's placement of the financial strength rating of ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. on Rating Watch negative because the A-rated insurer has failed to raise additional capital to allow it to continue to do business. Fitch's monitoring of ACA Financial's capital-raising efforts; ACA...
- Fitch Drops Ohio Valley Hospital to B-Plus. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31972, p2
Reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. has downgraded to B-plus in health revenue bonds issued by Ohio County Commission in West Virginia. Application of the downgrade to the multi-million dollar health system refunding and improvement revenue bonds of Ohio County Commission; Withdrawal the rating due...
- Fitch Gets Positive on ACA Following Cash Infusion. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;7/29/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31936, p33
Reports that Fitch Ratings raised the outlook on ACA Financial Guaranty's rating following ACA's announcement that it has formed a definitive agreement with the private equity arm of Bear, Sterns & Co, and from its current investors. Revision of all ACA-backed bonds to positive from evolving.