Colorado Taxpayers File Suit Against Governor, Treasurer
- Colorado Treasurer Offers New $800M Tobacco Bond Plan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32013, p40
Reports that Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman has proposed selling tobacco settlement bonds in order to boost the state's credit rating. Aim of raising funds for K-12 public education; Deficit of the state; Ratings of the state by Standard & Poor's Corp. and Moody's Investors Service; Bond...
- Colorado Treasurer Pessimistic About Current State of Tobacco. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31762, p1
Reports on the pessimism of Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman toward the issuance of tobacco revenue bonds. Percentage of the interest rates; Discussion of the securitization proposal; Reduction of the budget deficits.
- Colorado Review Board Nixes Treasurer's Plan for Fiscal Fix. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31889, p4
Reports on the Colorado Initiative Title Setting Review Board's rejection of a proposal by Treasurer Mike Coffman to tweak two constitutional amendments opponents have blamed for a prolonged budget crisis. Reasons why the board rejected the proposed initiative offered by Coffman; Budget...
- Colorado State Senator Appointed Acting Treasurer. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/13/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32152, p31
The article reports that Colorado Governor Bill Owens last week appointed Senator Mark Hillman, Republican from Burlington, to serve as acting treasurer while elected Treasurer Mike Coffman serves a tour of duty in Iraq. Hillman, the current Senate minority leader, was considered a potential...
- Colorado Teasurer Floats 2nd Tobacco Bond Plan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/1/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31854, p4
Reports on Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman's efforts to drum up legislative support for a tobacco settlement revenue bond plan. Use of proceeds from the tobacco securitization; Legislative measure introduced to allow the state to issue tobacco bonds.
- Colorado Treasurer Pushes $1 Billion Tobacco Securitization. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31815, p4
Reports that Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman has unveiled a tobacco securitization proposal that includes an unenhanced issuance of tax-exempt and taxable tranches. Sale of tobacco bonds; Structure of the debt with turbo amortization; Issuance of the bonds.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;11/16/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32011, p31
This article presents information on recent developments from the U.S. bond market. Arizona Sports & Tourism Authority directors have approved a plan to issue at least $32 million of bonds to pay for infrastructure supporting the new Arizona Cardinals football stadium currently under...
- Colorado Treasurer Believes State Should Try Tobacco-Backed Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/2/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32002, p1
Reports on the recommendation of Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman for the state General Assembly to authorize securitization of the state's share of the 1998 Master Settlement Agreement (MSA) with major tobacco companies in Colorado. Failure of Coffman to convince lawmakers to sell bonds backed...
- Colorado Treasurer Unveils First Part of Plan to Close Budget Gap. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32074, p5
Reports on the introduction of a proposal that would close the state budget gap for the year 2006 by Colorado state treasurer Mike Coffman. Provision of the proposal freeing general fund revenues; Advantages of the initiative; Compliance of the proposal to Amendment 35, the Tobacco Tax Increase...