New Orleans Awaits Ruling on Proposed TIF District's Legality
- Popular Financing Tool Hurts. Dye, Richard F.; Merriman, David F. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/26/99, Vol. 243 Issue 4, p123
Discusses tax-increment financing (TIF) system in the United States. How TIF works; Disadvantages of designating an area as a TIF district; Generation of economic activity in TIF districts.
- TAX INCREMENT FINANCING: MUNICIPAL ADOPTION AND GROWTH. Anderson, John E. // National Tax Journal;Jun90, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p155
Tax increment financing (TIF) is a relatively new economic development tool employed by municipalities. This paper looks at what cities adopt TIF plans and whether they experience greater growth in property values. A structural probit model of TIF adoption is estimated accounting for the...
- TIF Bonds Go to a Vote In Denver. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/10/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31880, p1
Reports that the Denver City Council will vote on a proposal by the Denver Urban Renewal Authority to issue fixed-rate tax increment financing bonds to finance the second phase of the redevelopment of the former Stapleton International Airport. Private placement with Merrill Lynch & Co. and...
- Panel: Community Support Vital to TIF District Success. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/2/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32394, p3
The article reports on the importance of community support to the success of tax increment financing (TIF) in the U.S. While TIF have become a popular tool to help rid communities of blight and spur economic development they are still often resisted by those unfamiliar with their complexities....
- Microcredit and the socio-economic wellbeing of women and their families in Cairo. F. Nader, Yasmine // Journal of Socio-Economics;Apr2008, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p644
Abstract: Microcredit has become one of the most important tools used to combat poverty and to enhance familiesâ€™ wellbeing. This research aims at testing the following hypothesis: microcredit is positively linked to women''s socio-economic wellbeing in Cairo. It is of special interest...
- TIF potential … District goes well beyond Kendall Yards. McLean, Mike // Journal of Business (10756124);5/31/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p1
The article reports that the tax-increment financing district spawned by the planned Kendall Yards urban village could serve as the catalyst that helps fuel up to 18 city and county projects with an estimated cost of $21 million in Washington. The tax-increment financing district will spur...
- Which neighborhood project would you kill? Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;2/15/2016, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p0002
The article discusses the issues and controversies surrounding the use of tax increment financing (TIF) as a method being used for the development of community-improvement projects in uptown Chicago, Illinois as of February 2016. Topics discussed include the approval of TIF grant for the...
- TEXAS: Travis County TIF for Track. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/29/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33490, p7
The article reports on the tax increment financing district expected to be established by Travis County, Texas to build roads and other public infrastructure to serve the 3.4-mile Formula One Grand Prix racetrack being developed outside Austin.
- South Carolina city battles schools for the fate of a TIF. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;09/16/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30727, p26
Reports on the tax-increment financings (TIF) in South Carolina from 1989 to 1999. Legal battle between a city and a county school district; Option of school districts not to participate in TIF.