GOP Wants McGreevey To Leave Now
- N.J. Governor Resigns; Championed Early Literacy. Gewertz, Catherine // Education Week;9/1/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p30
New Jersey governor, James E. McGreevey has announced he will resign from office because he had an extramarital affair with a man. McGreevey, who has made early grades literacy a priority since taking office in January 2002, discussed in a brief press conference August 12, 2004 that he is gay....
- Former New Jersey governor explores struggle with homosexuality in memoir. // Gay & Lesbian Times;12/28/2006, Issue 992, p35
The article reports on the contents of the memoir of former New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey, which explores his own struggles as a closeted gay man. According to sources, the memoir was released in September 2006. Moreover, McGreevey announced his impending resignation and that he is gay...
- GARDEN STATE. Stein, Lisa // U.S. News & World Report;8/30/2004, Vol. 137 Issue 6, p10
Reports that both Democrats and Republicans are pressing New Jersey Governor James McGreevey to leave office now instead of waiting until November 15th so that the way will be cleared for a special election to fill the coveted slot. Decision of McGreevey to resign because of an extramarital...
- Judge May Be Poised to Decide On Forcing Special NJ. Election. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;9/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31965, p36
Reports on a lawsuit brought against New Jersey governor James McGreevey that seeks to force a special gubernatorial election. Campaign to convince McGreevey to leave office.
- New Pick for PA Position. // njbiz;3/3/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the decision of New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey to select Anthony Coscia as chairman of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. Reasons behind the decision of McGreevey to discontinue his support for real-estate executive Charles Kushner; Career background of Coscia.
- The "Except" Governor. Taber, George M. // njbiz;4/12/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p18
Expresses sentiments over issues concerning New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey.
- McGreevey steps down. Roehr, Bob // Bay Area Reporter;11/18/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 47, p18
Reports on the resignation of New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey on November 15, 2004. Implication of his admission of being gay for the move; Allegations of corruption by his administration; Influence of controversies on his personal life on the decision.
- A Governor Without a Plan. // Business News New Jersey;4/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p16
Editorial. Comments on the governance of Governor James McGreevey in New Jersey. Economic status of the state; Business plan of the governor; Programs implemented for the state.
- Not just a black thing. Boykin, Keith // Advocate;1/18/2005, Issue 930, p31
This article comments on the confession made by New Jersey Governor James McGreevey that he had gay sex on the down low. It was hard to believe at first, but here was the governor of New Jersey holding a press conference that was being televised on almost every channel. It all seemed surreal....