San Diego Schools Refunding Up To $300M, on Top of $200M Sale
- Long Beach, Calif., may pay down debt service if land deal comes through. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/20/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30375, p3
Focuses on a plan by the Long Beach, California Financing Authority to seek clearance to sell refunding lease-revenue debt to complete a project that had been shelved since 1992. Series of bonds at twice-annual coupon payment date; Insurance of bonds by MBIA Insurance Corp.
- Former King of the Hill MBIA Insurance Slips to Fourth Place. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;7/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31177, p34
Provides the ranking of bond insurers in the United States. Downslide of the MBIA Insurance Corp. from first to fourt place; Reason for the losses of MBIA; Placement of Financial Security Assurance Inc. at the top spot.
- Lee County, Fla., Readies $40 Million Refunding Deal for Growing Airport. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/17/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31389, p40
Reports the plan to sell a revenue refunding bonds of the Lee County in Florida. Proceeds of the funds for the Southwest Florida International Airport; Negotiation of the deal on the rating for the airport outstanding debt; Insurance of bonds from the Financial Security Assurance.
- Austin School District Readies $76 Million to Refund CP. WATTS, JIM // Bond Buyer;8/5/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33362, p4
The article reports that the Austin Independent School District, Texas, is refunding its outstanding commercial paper notes with proceeds from recently negotiated dollars 75.8 million bond sale.
- Sell-Off Prompts Pittsburgh School District to Delay $69M Refunding. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;10/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31734, p34
Reports that the Pittsburgh School District is pulling its general obligation bond refunding secondary to the national unemployment figures in the U.S. Schedule of the postponed negotiated deal; Maturity of the deal; Underwriter of the deal.
- Time to Cast a Wider Net. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/17/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31182, p1
Reports on the shift of Texas School District from high property tax levels to non-tax-base sources for its bonds refunding in Dallas, Texas. Factors affecting selling strategy of the school; Proceeds of the bonds sale; Impact of the recapture system to wealthy districts.
- Texas School District to Sell $111M Refunding Issue Today. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/15/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31078, p38
Reports the sale of refunding bond issues by school districts in Texas. Rates of bonds; Generation of property tax revenues from the Carrollton-Farmer's Branch Independent School District; Assistance offered for school constructions.
- Kansas School District, Looking to Time Market, Splits Refunding. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;03/01/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31087, p41
Reports the split refunding of the bond in the Johnson County, Kansas, Unified School District. Creation of savings for the district; Prevention of total refund due to a low interest rate; Negotiation with U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray.
- Municipals End Firm in Light Trading; Arkansas School District Sells Bonds. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/31/2002, Vol. 343 Issue 31543, p2
Focuses on the sale of refunding bonds in the new-issue market by School District No. 21 of Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Reasons for decline in Chicago purchasing managers index; Yield range for reoffering of serial bonds; Fixed-income securities reflecting awareness of the implications for...